THE Queen's aides have hit a deadlock as they try to thrash out a Megxit deal after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quit royal life.
The 93-year-old monarch had demanded "final decisions to be reached in the coming days" after summoning Prince Harry to Sandringham for crunch talks about his future.
But the palace is yet to release further details after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex released the bombshell announcement they were stepping back as senior royals and moving to Canada.
A source told The Mirror talks had hit a "deadlock" and that there was "huge pressure" to produce something by the end of this week but that it "couldn't be done."
They added it would be "halfway house, enough to suggest an agreement has been made… but in reality the exact details will take months to sort out."
And senior advisers to the Queen have urged a "forensic examination" of any corporate deals for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
A government insider said: “There are major issues to deal with that have no way of being completely signed off in a matter of days."
They added: "This is not something we can just magic up."
They pointed out details including those around tax, copyright and intellectual property would need to be thrashed out.
Prince Harry is expected to head to Canada in the coming days, having been seen at what could have been his last engagement as a senior royal at Buckingham Palace on Thursday.
Meghan Markle is already in North America with eight-month-old Archie, having missed Monday's summit that discussed her future.
She had been expected to phone in for the crunch talks but the palace later confirmed it "wasn't necessary" for her to join.
NOT MAJ LONGER
The Queen was seen yesterday for the first time since the talks at Sandringham, having demanded "business as usual" for royals.
She usually stays at the Royal Estate until February 6, which is the anniversary of her father King George VI’s death.
Yesterday it was revealed that Her Majesty was "privately unhappy" about the millions spent on Frogmore Cottage's refurbishment amid the controversy.
Sources claim Her Majesty is furious at the amount spent, which cost the taxpayer £2.4million, now that the couple intend to start a new life in Canada.
But friends claimed Meghan wanted out of the Royal Family, telling pals she felt life was becoming "soul-crushing".
They added: "She said she didn’t want Archie picking up on her stress and anxiety. She felt like it was a toxic environment for him because there was too much tension and pent-up frustrations."
Meanwhile, Prince William and Kate Middleton are planning to escape the Harry and Meghan controversy with a visit to Ireland.
The Sun has learned that officials in the Department of Foreign Affairs are finalising arrangements for the royal couple to go in March.
Prince William returned to royal duties the day after crunch talks with his brother, Prince Charles and the Queen – seen smiling as he held court.
The news came as Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau offered his support to the Sussexes and said most Canadians would welcome the couple making the country their home.
Mr Trudeau said: “I think most Canadians are very supportive of having royals be here, but how that looks and what kind of costs are involved, there are still lots of discussions to have.
“There are still a lot of decisions to be taken by the royal family, by the Sussexes themselves, as to what level of engagement they choose to have."
Source: Read Full Article