A producer on Shudder’s Queer for Fear series has sued the streaming service, AMC Networks and Bryan Fuller for sexual harassment, a hostile work environment and retaliation. In response, a new suit for defamation and malicious prosecution could be coming soon, an attorney for Fuller says.
CAA Claims Julia Ormond Wanted $15M To Keep Agency Out Of Harvey Weinstein Lawsuit; “We Will Expose The Real Facts,” Actress’ Lawyer Says
Shudder Acquires Horror Film ‘The Unheard’ From Director Jeffrey A. Brown
“Defendant Bryan Fuller cultivated and maintained a hostile work environment as a result of harassment, discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual assault and retaliation from the years 2020 to 2022,” alleges Sam Wineman n a very graphic and explicit filing in LA Superior Court from late last week. “Mr. Fuller sexually assaulted plaintiff several times throughout the Steakhaus Production of Queer for Fear for AMC defendants and their streaming service Shudder,” Wineman and his Good Gustafson Aumais LLP and Atkins & Associates lawyers add in the jury trial seeking complaint (read the harassment complaint against Bryan Fuller, AMC and Shudder here).
Executive produced by the Hannibal alum, the four-episode documentary series Queer for Fear examined the history and role of LGBTQ+ artists and the greater community in the horror and thriller genres. Timed for Halloween last year, and featuring interviews with the likes of Justin Simien, Riverdale creator Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and author Carmen Maria Machado, Queer for Fear ran on Shudder from September 30 to October 21, 2022.
A director on the project, as was Fuller, Wineman claims that after reporting the American Gods co-showrunner alleged “abuse …unlawful behavior and comments” and “preoccupation with masturbation” to Shudder VP Nick Lazo and others, he was axed from Queer for Fear in August 2021.
“AMC defendants and executive producer defendants ignored all warning signs, facilitated and permitted MR. Fuller’s unlawful conduct and ultimately ratified Mr. Fuller’s behavior and comments, the 21-page complaint declares. “Defendants’ final act of retaliation was reducing plaintiff’s earned credits when the production aired in or around September 30, 2022.”
AMC are reviewing the complaint and did not have any immediate comment, a spokesperson for the company said Thursday. However, never short of a verbal missive, Bryan Fuller’s lawyer Bryan Freedman certainly had a comment or two about the lawsuit from Wineman.
“Make no mistake, Sam Wineman will be sued for defamation based on what are 100 percent probably false statements,” exclaimed Freedman to Deadline today.
“There is documented evidence which completely disproves the allegations against Bryan Fuller,” the Hollywood legal heavyweight added for his WME-repped client. “Wineman created this fictitious story long after his gross incompetence necessitated his removal in an effort to extort AMC, Shudder, Steakhaus and Bryan Fuller. He never raised any allegation of wrongdoing prior to his removal because he knew that this was absolute garbage. Sam Wineman just made the biggest mistake of his life and once the evidence comes out, he will forever be known as a pathological liar. Rest assured; a malicious prosecution lawsuit aimed directly at him is coming soon.”
Among a series of projects in various stages, original Star Trek Discovery showrunner Fuller is working on a much delayed reboot of Christine. Based on a Stephen King novel of the same name, the original Christine film from 1983 was directed by the legendary John Carpenter.
Must Read Stories
Amazon Cutting More Than 5% Of Staff In U.S. & Overseas Communications Units
Neon Takes U.S. Rights To Pamela Adlon’s Feature Directing Debut ‘Babes’
Kevin Costner Western ‘Horizon: An American Saga’ To Hit Theaters In Two Chapters
Ready For It? ‘Eras Tour’ Tops $100M In Advance Sales Worldwide
Read More About:
Source: Read Full Article