FOR years many shoppers have saved loads of cash by buying non-branded products – and this wife is no exception.
The anonymous Facebook user revealed that she's been stocking up on supermarket's own version of laundry detergents – but one day her hubby finally realised what's going on and his response has left people in stitches.
Sharing the hysterical conversation on Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK group, the woman, from the UK, wrote: ''I'm laughing out loud.
''For years I have always decanted cheaper detergents into a more expensive bottle.
''Not once has Mr P asked why our Persil bottle is about 4 years old.
''Not once has he asked why it's gone from white to blue, to purple, to pink & whatever colour I pick up.''
READ MORE ON CLEANING
Mrs Hinch fans check bathrooms as mum shares ‘gross’ part people forget about
I’m a clothing expert & you aren’t washing your dressing gown enough
She went on: ''Not once has he ever said how the scent has changed.
''Not once has he mentioned about the feeling of his clothes changing.''
All this time, the wife revealed, she had assumed that he had been aware of this money-saving hack.
But as she came to discover a week ago, this wasn't the case – he had truly been under the impression that the family household had been using the more pricey brand version.
Most read in Fabulous
I get dress-coded every time I work out by ‘Karens’ who give me dirty looks
People are now realising what RSVP stands for – we've been so wrong for years
Mum-of-22 Sue Radford's lavish 2022 including £27k 'pool' and Maldives jaunt
I begged my family for fluffy Crocs for Christmas – but it was a total fail
So when he finally noticed the cheaper bottle by the washing it shocked him – and suddenly, loads of mysterious problems appeared; ones that hadn't been there before.
''This week all his clothes itch him & the bedding itches him,'' the wife chuckled in the now-viral post.
FABULOUS BINGO: Get a £20 bonus & 30 free spins when you spend £10 today
As the man later said: '''Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups.''
It's safe to say, the funny interaction has taken the social media platform by storm, racking up a whopping 10k likes.
And turns out, it's more relatable than you'd think, as loads of members of the group flocked to comments to share their experiences with shopping.
''Only Heinz beans in our house!! Been getting Aldi beans for a few months ! Nobody said a thing until they seen the label,'' one mum chuckled.
Another left people in stitches with her son's eating habits: ''oh yes my older 2 hated sprouts but really liked fairy cabbages.''
''My kids hate casserole so they've been eating under the name of stew for about 4 years now. Yeah….. Sausage stew,'' a third parent commented.
''I know someone who does this with coffee granules too. Lidil coffee in a Kenco Smooth jar,'' a fourth revealed.
Cleaning hacks and tips
Here are some tips to help you clean your home like a pro:
- How to clean your washing machine in a few easy steps
- Keep on top of cleaning your oven regularly
- Clean your shower to ensure it's always sparkling
- How to clean your microwave using cheap household items
- Here's how to get rid of that nasty limescale in your kettle
- You're cleaning your carpet all wrong – here's how to get it spotless again in no time
- Unblock a toilet without a plunger
- Clean your fabric or leather sofa in a few easy steps
- If you haven't cleaned your mattress in ages, here's how
- Steps to cleaning your dishwasher to leave it looking brand new
- This is how to clean mirrors and windows without streaking
- Keep your toilet clean in four easy steps
- Give your TV screen a once-over
- Did you know your Venetian, Roman, vertical, or roller blinds also need cleaning?
- Deep-clean your fridge in five simple steps
Source: Read Full Article