PRINCESS Diana would be “appalled” with the “disloyalty” shown by Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in their bombshell Netflix documentary, a royal expert has said.
It comes after the Duke of Sussex claimed lies were told “to protect” his brother Prince William.
The latest volley aimed at the Royal Family came in the latest trailer promoting the Netflix programme giving an insight into the life of Harry, 38, and his wife Meghan Markle, 41.
Royal author Tom Bower said Harry’s “treacherous collaboration” with the streaming service had “destroyed his relationship with William”.
Mr Bower, author of Revenge, also dismissed the suggestion the Duke and Duchess had their security withdrawn before Megxit, saying it was “shockingly untrue”.
That claim about security was also questioned by another royal author, Richard Fitzwilliams, who thought it could have been “sensationalised” by Netflix in order to attract viewers.
Read More on Harry & Meghan
Body language expert reveals Prince Harry is uneasy about leaving royal family
Five questions Meghan & Harry must answer as Netflix sparks new Palace row
The documentary makers use a picture of Buckingham Palace along with footage of the brothers Harry and William at their grandfather’s funeral.
Harry says: “They were happy to lie to protect my brother. They were never willing to tell the truth to protect us.”
Then Meghan adds: 'I wasn't being thrown to the wolves. I was being fed to the wolves.”
It is not made clear who “they” refers to.
Most read in Celebrity
Royal fans are demanding same thing from Harry & Meg as new Netflix trailer drops
Charles and Camilla unveil first Christmas card since he was made King
My uterus split when I was giving birth, I felt everything, says Joss Stone
How Meg baited traps & turned Harry into someone with vendetta against UK
Mr Bower said: “Their mother Diana would be appalled by Harry's disloyalty.
“Not only is that rupture distressing for William and King Charles, but also for the country.
“The image of warring brothers is terrible for Britain's global reputation.”
Mr Bower also raised questions over the claim the Duke and Duchess left the UK for North America due to concerns for their safety.
Harry says: “I wonder what would have happened to us had we not got out when we did.”
Meghan adds: “Our security was being pulled – everyone in the world knew where we were”, before her husband says, “I said ‘we need to get out of here’.”
The footage then cuts to a selfie video of Harry on a plane which he describes as “the freedom fight,” an apparent reference to their relocation across the Atlantic in early 2020.
The contention in the trailer appears to be the Sussexes were stripped of their official security before Megxit.
Mr Bower said the claim the Duke and Duchess had their security withdrawn before Megxit would be “shockingly untrue”.
Mr Fitzwilliams queried if the claims had been “sensationalised by Netflix as a way to get more viewers.
He told MailOnline: “The charge ‘our security was being pulled, everyone in the world knew where we were’ implies they were not given proper security as senior working royals before Megxit,
“It follows from that that in their opinion the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (Ravec) was not doing its job properly. We must ask why and require them to produce proof.
“It is also possible that – given a reported 15 hours of footage by the Sussexes – Netflix have sensationalised their comments in the trailer to draw in viewers.”
The first three parts of Harry & Meghan were released by Netflix last week with the concluding three hour-long episodes coming out this Thursday.
Netflix appeared to try to clarify who “they” were in Harry’s quote.
In the trailer posted to Twitter, Harry says that "they were happy to lie", but in the trailer on Netflix, he says that "the British media were happy to lie".
In the first three episodes of the new show they provoked controversy as it was revealed they had used fake images to make a point about media intrusion into their lives.
It comes as a new poll revealed that the majority of Brits want the pair stripped of their titles.
The Netlfix show is one of a number of high-profile projects the Sussexes have launched, with Harry's explosive memoir 'Spare' on the way in January.
Read More on The Sun
Warning for millions of Ring doorbell owners over cold weather and snow today
I’m a mum & can’t be bothered with Christmas dinner…I’ll go to McDonald’s
The book was delayed from this year after reportedly being toned down in the wake of the late-Queen's death.
On top of the book, Meghan recently completed a podcast series as part of a big-money deal with Spotify.
Source: Read Full Article