PRINCE Harry is losing his HRH title at an exhibition for his mum Princess Diana after an "administrative error", it's reported.
Dresses worn by the Princess of Wales went on public display at Kensington Palace last week, with the placard "Lent by HRH the Duke of Cambridge and HRH the Duke of Sussex".
🔵 Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest updates
Harry, 36,and William, 38, had donated two of their mother's dresses to the Royal Style in the Making show.
But under the Megxit terms decided with the Queen at the "Sandringham summit" the Sussexes were allowed to keep, but not use, their HRH titles.
Notices for the dress display will now be changed to reflect Harry's new status, The Times reports.
A spokesman for the Royal Collection Trust, said the dresses were "loaned by HRH the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex".
They added "due to an administrative error, for which the Royal Collection Trust was responsible, the labels were incorrect and will be updated".
The two dresses on show are Diana's famous ivory taffeta and lace wedding gown, designed by David and Elizabeth Emanuel.
She wore the stunning dress to marry Charles at St Paul's Cathedral in 1981.
The second dress donated by the dukes is their mother's wedding day going-away outfit, a peach skirt suit by Bellville Sassoon.
The exhibition, which runs until January 2, also looks at designers who dressed the Queen, Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother.
Harry and Meghan, 39, officially stepped down as senior royals on March 31, last year and stopped using their HRH titles.
They announced they would work towards becoming "financially independent".
Following the January, 2020 Mexit announcement Buckingham Palace confirmed the couple would step back from official royal duties.
As a result, they would no longer use the titles His Royal Highness and Her Royal Highness.
Due to an administrative error, for which the Royal Collection Trust was responsible, the labels were incorrect and will be updated"
But they would continue to use their Duke and Duchess of Sussex titles.
A palace spokesman said: "With The Queen’s blessing, the Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations.
"While they can no longer formally represent The Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty.
"The Sussexes will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family."
In February, Meghan and Harry were stripped of their honorary titles by the Queen.
The 94-year-old monarch said she was "saddened" after her grandson and the Duchess of Sussex confirmed they would not be returning as working members of the Royal Family.
Harry's honorary military appointments and the couples Royal patronages would be "redistributed among working members of The Royal Family", a palace spokesman said.
The duke would no longer hold his treasured military titles, including the post of Captain-General of the Royal Marines.
Harry would also lose his Honorary Air Commandant of RAF Honington and Commodore-in-Chief Small Ships and Diving RAF Honington titles.
He is also no longer patron of England Rugby.
Meghan also lost her patronages with The Royal National Theatre and The Association of Commonwealth Universities.
But but they would still be known as Duke and Duchess of Sussex after being given the titles as a wedding gift.
Source: Read Full Article