It’s one of the most popular messaging apps around, but using WhatsApp on an iPad isn’t as straightforward as you might think.
While there is an iOS app available, this is currently only compatible with iPhones.
Thankfully, there’s another way for you to access WhatsApp on your iPad – via WhatsApp Web.
Here’s everything you need to know about accessing WhatsApp on an iPad.
How to get WhatsApp on your iPad
1. Open Safari on your iPad and head to web.whatsapp.com
2. You’ll notice that you’ll be taken to the WhatsApp home page instead of the WhatsApp Web interface. Tap and hold the refresh button, and after a few seconds, you’ll see a ‘Load desktop site’ option – tap that
3. The WhatsApp Web interface should appear, with a QR code
4. On your phone, open the WhatsApp app and head to Settings, then WhatsApp Web
5. Scan the QR code to pair the two devices
6. The page should reload on your iPad, displaying all your recent messages
There are a few limitations to keep in mind when using WhatsApp Web on your iPad – you won’t be able to send voice notes, and you also won’t receive notifications.
Thankfully, WhatsApp is developing a specific iPad app, according to WABetaInfo.
While it remains unclear when this will become available, it'll definitely make messaging your friends from your iPad much easier!
Source: Read Full Article