RALF RANGNICK has called for more of the same from Cristiano Ronaldo to fire Manchester United into the last eight of the Champions League.
Ronaldo ended a barren spell of one goal from ten games in spectacular fashion with a hat-trick in the Red Devils' 3-2 win over Spurs on Saturday.
Now just 72 hours on he is backing the 37-year-old veteran to rewind the clock again with another spectacular show at Old Trafford against Atletico Madrid.
Manager Rangnick said: “He showed against Tottenham what kind of a professional player he is, what kind of level he can still play at.
“With performances like that he showed, he's still a very important player for this team and he can make the difference for us.”
Rangnick will start the goalscoring legend convinced that the short gap between Saturday’s game and this last 16 second-leg tie will not hold him back.
READ MORE MAN UTD
Cheltenham Festival – £60 FREE BETS: Get £10 to spend on SIX races on Tuesday
Conte applauds hat-trick hero Ronaldo, Tom Brady’s reaction – latest
He said: “I'm not worried that he has not been able to recover.
“So far he's always been a person that looks after himself a lot, he knows exactly what to do.
“I'm not worried about that. If he can score another three goals we'll see. His overall performance was good, very good, on Saturday and hopefully, we get this from him against Atletico.”
United drew the first leg with Atletico in Spain 1-1 and are now aiming to reach the last eight of the competition for only the second time in eight years.
Most read in Champions League
Source: Read Full Article