Woman suffers life-threatening allergic reaction to husband’s semen

A freak allergic reaction to her husband’s sperm has nearly killed a 46-year-old woman.

The bizarre case has been reported by three doctors; Mark C. Marchitto, Devin Petrone and Jeremy D. Gradon, in the American Journal of Medicine

They describe how the woman arrived in the emergency room of Baltimore’s Sinai Hospital suffering from dizziness, diarrhoea, hot sweats and unusual itching on her hands and feet.

  • Ashley Graham says she always has sex with husband after 'powerful' prayer sessions

The medics first suspected sepsis but further tests indicated that she was suffering from anaphylactic shock.

Eventually, they determined that the cause was her husband’s semen.

  • Doctor says the clitoris isn't just for pleasure and explains its other function

He had been suffering from a bacterial infection and had been prescribed the antibiotic nafcillin, a variant of penicillin.

The couple had sex shortly before the onset of her symptoms.

Read More

Weird News

  • Antique cheeseburger!
  • Poo-powered boozer
  • Missing link revealed
  • The porno workout

The woman was herself allergic to penicillin and had always known to avoid it, but she didn’t realise that the antibiotic would be present in her husband’s bodily fluids.

The doctors’ report says: "We have reported a case of an anaphylactic reaction to nafcillin in a penicillin-allergic patient via vaginal exposure to the antibiotic contained within her partner's semen.

"While we were unable to obtain a specimen from the patient's husband to confirm detectable levels of nafcillin in her partner's semen, the patient's clinical presentation coupled with the onset of symptoms post-coitus leads us to believe she was exposed to nafcillin concentrated in the seminal fluid."

  • Five kinky things men want women to know about their penises

Once the docs had realised what the problem was, they were able to treated woman’s symptoms quite quickly and they sent her home with an EpiPen and a warning to lay off the sex until her husband had finished his course of antibiotics.

Cases of dangerous allergies to nuts , milk , butter and cheese are well documented.

However, there are examples of people who are allergic to water and even, apparently, wi-fi .

One teenage boy suffered a life-threatening allergy attack after trying to wax his eyebrows . A quick-thinking pharmacist saved 15-year-old Alexander Gallon’s life after his airways were closed by a severe reaction to the beauty product.

Source: Read Full Article

Error processing request