AJ Pritchard’s girlfriend Abbie Quinnen ‘engulfed in fire’ in freak accident

AJ Pritchard's girlfriend Abbie Quinnen 'suffered third-degree burns' after she was 'engulfed in fire' when an online video went wrong.

The 23-year-old professional dancer was hospitalised after a blazing wine bottle exploded in her face and set her hair and clothing on fire, The Sun reports.

A source told the publication: "Abbie was shocked and in a great deal of pain but AJ sprang into action to put out the fire with a wet tea towel.

"He was terrified himself but he did all he could to stop her from burning."

AJ is reportedly devastated and has been taking care of Abbie after the horrific accident.

The couple were filming an online 'life hack' video for their one million Instagram followers.

They were attempting to demonstrate how to cut a glass bottle in half to be used as a vase.

The hack involves dipping a rope in a flammable chemical, wrapping it around the bottle setting it alight.

During the stunt, disaster struck as the fire engulfed Abbie, who was leaning over a worktop.

The bottle reportedly blew up and her hair and clothing caught fire.

The source told The Sun on Sunday: "AJ and Abbie were stuck at home during lockdown and, like many people, started making social media videos to pass the time.

"But this tutorial went horribly wrong. Abbie’s whole upper body went up in flames.

"It all happened very quickly. It was like something from a horror film."

AJ's brother Curtis Pritchard, who lives with the couple, drove them to Ealing Hospital on January 19.

Abbie was admitted to intensive care before being transferred to Chelsea and Westminster Hospital's specialist burns unit.

A source said: "Abbie was in agony and the brothers knew they had to get her to hospital straight away to get her burns treated.

“It’s been an extremely difficult and testing time for them but she’s on the road to recovery."

Daily Star has contacted representatives for Abbie for comment.

  • AJ Pritchard

Source: Read Full Article