A self-taught baker has wowed with her sweet lasagne recipe.
Walla Abu-Eid, a mum from Sydney, came up with the idea to swap tomato sauce and cheese for biscuits and cream.
She created the decadent-looking Biscoff Lasagne, which has racked up thousands of likes on Instagram.
The 31-year-old, who boasts 83,500 followers online, only uses five ingredients to make the show-stopping dessert.
These are double cream, vanilla extract, sugar and Biscoff biscuits and spread.
And thankfully for amateur bakers, the recipe is actually pretty simple to pull off. So will you be giving it a go?
In an Instagram post that’s garnered 12,100 likes, Walla outlined her method.
- Place cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and whip till soft peaks form
- Melt Biscoff spread in the microwave until saucy
- Layer biscuits at the base of tray
- Place a layer of cream over the biscuits, then drizzle Biscoff spread on top
- Repeat steps until you achieve the amount of layers you desire with the final layer being cream
- Place some Biscoff spread in a piping bag and pipe lines on top of cream. Use a skewer to create a pattern (pushing those lines up then down).
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, and enjoy!
The finished results look spectacular – and foodies can’t wait to give the recipe a go.
One commenter remarked: “Need to try this!”
Another said: “AMAZING. Can’t wait to give this a go. Biscoff is everything.”
A third wrote: “I need to try this at our next hangout. I’m literally drooling.”
And a fourth added: “I wanna make this.”
Walla is chuffed that her Biscoff recipes have gone viral.
She’s featured on several online stories since the Biscoff Lasagne trend took off.
Sharing her thanks on Instagram, the amateur baker gushed: “What an amazing feeling it is to create a recipe that makes its way to the media!
“Wow I’m lost for words.”
Source: Read Full Article