A MUM who struggled to get her kids to sleep through the night has revealed her fail-safe spray – which costs just 50p to make at home.
Lauren Libin, 37, a PR director from Brighton, is mum to Summer, five, Ozzy, two, and a 15-year-old step-daughter.
Speaking to Fabulous, Lauren explained she had been buying £20 sprays by Rik Rak and This Works, but decided there must be a cheaper way.
She said: "Since I had my son Ozzy, I have really struggled to get to sleep, and have very restless nights.
"I have tried a number of things from herbal teas, to mindfulness, but the thing that works the best is an essential oil based pillow spray, and the best thing is it costs less than 50p to make.
"I’ve always been a huge fan of sleep sprays, and most of my family use them.
"But they cost around £20 for the nicest smelling ones, so I decided to make my own, and the whole family are obsessed.
"All you need is a spray bottle (I up-cycled an old pillow spray bottle), boiled and cooled water and essential oils.
"I’ve played around a lot with the amounts and oils, it's all down to taste.
"My favourite is lavender and eucalyptus but chamomile works as does bergamot orange. I also like a strong lavender smell."
Lauren's sleep spray recipe
My fail safe recipe for a cheap and excellent pillow spray is…
- 80 ml cooled boiled water
- 30 drops lavender oil (£5.50 for 10ml – Boots)
- 10 drops eucalyptus oil (£5 for 10ml – Boots)
- 90ml spray bottle
- Hand written label
Simply add the essential oils to the cooled water, mix and put in the spray bottle.
Leave for 48 hours to infuse before using.
Lauren added: "I spritz two to three times on my pillow before going to sleep.
"I cannot sleep without this spray and I swear it aids a perfect and restful night sleep.
"My two young children love it to and always ask for a spritz before bed, and I am pretty sure this is why my two-year-old now sleeps through the night.
"Even my 15-year-old step-daughter is a fan, and sprays it on all her bedding nightly!
"You can also spray on fresh bed linen or towels. It's not toxic but I do keep out of reach of my younger kids."
Stacey Solomon recently transformed an old Chanel bottle she's been "hoarding for five years" into a stylish vase.
Source: Read Full Article