Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and Andrew snubbed for balcony appearance over fears 'crowd could boo', insiders claim

MEGHAN Markle, Prince Harry and Prince Harry were snubbed from the Buckingham Palace balcony amid fears they would be booed, insiders claim.

The Queen has banned the trio for the traditional Trooping the Colour RAF flypast at her Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

It was instead revealed just "working royals" – including Charles and William – will join the line-up.

Insiders have now claimed Andrew, Harry and Meghan didn't make the cut as the gathered crowds might boo them.

Royal expert Carole Malone wrote in the Daily Express: "Of course, Meghan and Harry will hate the fact they’ve been lumped into the Bad Royals Box with Prince Andrew because comparisons will be made that all three of them have disgraced the royal family, trashed its reputation and hurt people who did nothing to deserve it.

"And it’s a good thing they won't be on the balcony – it might have been the first time ever that a royal has been booed by the crowds."

Read more on the royals

Huge snub for Harry, Meghan & Andrew as Queen BANS them from Jubilee balcony

Inside the Queen’s spectacular Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend

Andrew was forced to step away from royal life amid his sex assault lawsuit with Virginia Giuffre.

There was also speculation the Duke and Duchess of Sussex would not fly back amid their ongoing row over security.

And it was feared they could "hijack or overshadow" the long weekend's events, which take place from June 2 to June 5.

But just minutes after the Palace confirmed they were banned from the balcony, the couple confirmed they would be attending via their pal and journalist Omid Scobie.

Most read in The Sun

BLACKMAIL PLOT

England footie ace in £30k blackmail plot after bedding £150 trans escort

'NO-BRAINER'

Gareth Bale told he must make contact with Cardiff if he wants transfer

BLING IT ON

Hamilton threatens to PULL OUT of first-ever Miami GP due to SECRET piercing

OLE BE BACK

Solskjaer ‘rejected Prem offer after Man Utd axe but now wants dugout return’

It is not known when royal aides were told Harry and Meghan were making the journey from their home in LA with Archie and Lilibet for the four-day royal bonanza in June.

The couple's team say it was a last minute decision – and it remains unclear whether Harry spoke with his grandmother first.

The visit will be the first time Harry and Meghan have brought their family to the UK since leaving for the US in 2020.

A statement said: "Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are excited and honoured to attend The Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations this June with their children."

The Queen is yet to meet 10-month-old Lilibet, who will celebrate her first birthday during the celebrations.

She has also not seen Archie, who turned three yesterday, since Megxit.

HARRY'S SNUB

It is not known which parts of the celebration Harry and Meghan will take part in.

However, palace sources have suggested the couple could make an appearance still on the balcony as part of the final celebrations, the Daily Mail reports.

The announcement comes after Harry sensationally snubbed the Queen again last month in a bombshell interview.

He made a barbed remark about his ongoing row with the UK government over his security that saw him miss Prince Philip's memorial service.

When asked whether he will return to the UK to mark the Platinum Jubilee, Harry told US journalist Hoda Kotb: "I don't know if I'll come. There are lots of issues with security and everything else.

"That's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to do everything to make sure my kids can meet her."

Harry has only been back to the UK on three occasions since Megxit in 2020 when he moved to Santa Barbara and stepped down from his role as a senior royal.

The duke came home in July last year to unveil a statue of Princess Diana – around a month after Meghan Markle had given birth.

Read More on The Sun

Putin’s £500m superyacht SEIZED after we revealed sickening luxury onboard

England footie ace in £30k blackmail plot after bedding £150 trans escort

He also returned to the UK to attend Prince Philip's funeral last April.

Harry then visited the Queen with Meghan – their first joint visit since they quit the royal family.


    Source: Read Full Article