A MAN has revealed how he guarantees the crispiest roast potatoes each time he cooks – and they look mouth-watering.
Home cook Justin Taylor said the secret to his crispy spuds is using honey and mustard.
The 40-year-old foodie shared a snap of his delicious potatoes served alongside some gammon.
He wrote: "Honey and mustard roast potatoes. Then Nutella bricks for dessert" .
All you need are white potatoes, two teaspoons of Colman’s English mustard, four teaspoons of honey, and salt and pepper.
You then need to make a baste mixture to add onto your potatoes when you put them in the oven, and then baste every five minutes after there is 20 minutes to go.
You will need
- Peeled and chopped white potatoes – quantity depends on how many people you're cooking for
- Two teaspoons of Colman’s English mustard
- Four teaspoons of squeezy honey
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Add pepper and the mustard into a bowl and blend them together.
- Then, add honey – make sure to mix thoroughly.
- Pre-heat your oven-safe roasting tray with oil and two tablespoons of butter and salt.
- Then add your potatoes and baste with the honey mustard mixture.
- When there's only 20 minutes left before they’re ready, baste them again – this will ensure they're full of flavour.
- Continue to baste every five minutes to keep them crisp.
His simple yet effective method appears to have gone down well with Facebook users.
One person wrote: "They sound amazing – my mouths watering just reading that. Can’t wait to try them!"
Another added: "FFS, can I pay for a return ticket?"
And a third commented: "Yes, please."
Meanwhile, people are using Marmite to make ‘perfectly crispy’ roast potatoes & even haters are giving it a go.
Meanwhile this mum gives bargain batch-cooking masterclass after cooking up 26 meals for £20.
Elsewhere, a man shared a recipe to make McDonald’s apple pies at home using just five ingredients.
Source: Read Full Article