Monty Don reveals ‘biggest change’ to jewel garden
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Monty Don, 65, has shared on Instagram how containers that acted as “socially distanced spaces” for the Gardeners’ World crew have finally been removed. The gardening expert is ecstatic that filming can be resumed with the “old team, live and present”, after the coronavirus pandemic enforced changes upon the show’s production.
Monty posted a photo of a large container being airlifted away and typed: “The three containers that acted as socially distanced spaces for the crew operating the remote cameras went last week and today we resumed filming in the garden with our old team, live and present and wonderfully real. Fantastic.”
In response, fans were also pleased about Monty having normality back.
One fan typed: “Congratulations… wishing you a bit of normality back into the garden. That said you & the team have done so well keeping us all going through everything.”
A second replied: “Happy times and a welcome back to your beautiful garden.”
While a third replied: “Well done. So pleased for you. The show is wonderful.”
The seasoned gardener shared he had been working on location in Italy, Greece and Croatia, but would be returning to film in his garden this week.
On Friday he typed on Twitter: “Away from GW tonight (and next week) because have been filming new series in Italy, Greece and Croatia.
“Back now and resume filming in the garden as normal next week.”
One of his followers typed back: “You need to do more in your own garden Monty.
“There is a lot of people or gardeners who learn a lot from you being in your own garden. I do.” (sic)
Monty fired back: “We do 25 hour long shows a year from my garden and you want more? But so much to learn from gardens around the world.”
While others were glad he was back safe and sound from his travels as they anticipated new episodes.
Lorraine Kelly reacts after being called out over ‘fake’ post (PHOTOS)
Anne Robinson slams ‘snowflakes’ over ‘unnecessary censorship’ (NEWS)
Our Yorkshire Farm’s Amanda Owen says ‘my kids are not skivvies’ (LATEST)
A second typed: “Looking forward to your programmes. I particularly enjoyed the series on American gardens as they have a climate that far exceeds ours and that results in an incredible diversity of plants and designs.”
Towards the end of the programme two weeks ago, Monty broke the news to fans he would be taking some time away from the show.
The gardener said: “Well that’s it for today.
“And I’m away for a couple of weeks.”
Monty went on to reassure fans that Gardeners’ World would return despite his absence.
He revealed that his co-star Adam Frost would be replacing him and fronting the show from his garden.
Monty continued: “But Gardeners’ World, of course, will still be with you and in Adam’s garden.
“And I’ll be back here at Longmeadow in a few weeks time.
“So until then, bye-bye,” the TV star smiled.
Source: Read Full Article