Aaron Armstrong killed himself on cocaine days after Sophie Gradon’s funeral

Aaron Armstrong took his own life after consuming alcohol and taking cocaine, a coroner has ruled.

The boyfriend of late Love Island star Sophie Gradon , who took her own life on June 20, last year, was found dead at his home just 20 days later, on July 10.

Aaron's mother Donna discovered him in his bedroom at the family home in Blyth, Northumberland, an inquest in North Shields, North Tyneside was told.

The fit and healthy boat captain, who worked for his father, had hanged himself, the inquest was told.

Coroner Eric Armstrong found that the 25-year-old had alcohol and cocaine in his body when he died, and the effects of the substances had prevented him from thinking rationally.

The inquest was told Mr Armstrong and his brother Ryan had found Sophie, 32, hanging at her home in Ponteland, Northumberland, the previous month.

A Northumbria Police spokesman said at the time of Aaron's death: "At around 12.20pm on July 10 police received a report from the ambulance service that a 25-year-old man had been found deceased at a property on Furnace Road in Bebside, Blyth.

"There is not believed to be any third party involvement and a report will now be prepared for the coroner."

Sophie's funeral had taken place just days earlier.

The 32-year-old was laid to rest in a private family service at St George's Church in Jesmond, Newcastle.

Aaron had paid a heartbreaking tribute to her after the service.

Sharing a photo of the order of service, which featured a stunning black and white picture of Sophie on the cover, he wrote: " I love you with all my heart my beautiful angel I’m absolutely heartbroken I can’t stop crying and I can feel your spirit in my soul RIP Sophie Hannah Gradon"

Former Miss Great Britain Sophie, who found fame on the 2016 series of the ITV2 dating show, died suddenly after battling anxiety and depression.

Tragically, it was revealed that her body had been discovered at her parents' house by Aaron.

Her mother and father were on holiday at the time.

Sophie's inquest had been scheduled to take place this Thursday, but Mirror Online revealed last week that it had been halted after her grieving parents received new information.

A representative for Northumberland Coroner's Court confirmed it had been cancelled.

A statement read: "Please note that it has been necessary to cancel the hearing date for the Inquest dealing with the death of Sophie Gradon.

"Sophie's parents have requested further time to consider a report which was only recently received."

There is no confirmation of what the report is but Sophie's mother has hinted on Twitter the family were waiting for cops to access her iPhone.

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033

Read More

Showbiz editor's picks

  • Katie Price's 'twin' bombshell
  • Piers' fury over Laura's GMB dancing
  • Karen Clifton sobs over 'discrimination'
  • Heartbroken Meg pulls out of Loose Women

Source: Read Full Article