This is the first picture of a British mum who died in front of her daughter after a banana boat flipped over at the same Red Sea resort town where a couple mysteriously died.
Thomas Cook customer Janice Bowles, 58, was reportedly trapped underneath the inflatable off the coast of Hurghada, in Egypt, on August 28.
The Bristol grandmother was on holiday with her two daughters and other family, who have paid tribute to her following her death.
The incident happened one week after tourists John and Susan Cooper, who had also booked with Thomas Cook, died after falling ill at the five-star Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel.
Ms Bowles’ grief-stricken daughter Annmarie Cox paid tribute to her on Facebook, writing: "It is with the heaviest heart that I am having to write this status.
"Unfortunately whilst my mum Janice Bowles was on holiday in Egypt, there was an accident and she sadly passed away.
"I am broken inside and don’t know how to get my head around it. It is such a devastating shock to the whole family.
"She was the funniest, kindest, most loving mother I know and if I can aspire to be half the woman she is I know I’ll do my girls proud.
"I love you momma and cant believe I’ll never hear your voice or get to make you p*** yourself laughing. Sleep tight you beautiful angel, visit me often please momma."
Devastated relatives who were with Ms Bowles posted snaps online from the holiday, showing her onboard a boat and relaxing on an inflatable at a hotel swimming pool.
They also posted family photos which show her using a wheelchair back at home in the UK.
One holidaymaker told the Sun that Ms Bowles was part of a group that had been on a dolphin-watching tour and were taking turns on inflatables on the way back to the beach.
He said: "I could hear the woman’s daughter wailing, as she knew that there was something seriously wrong with her mum.
"They got the lady back on an they were doing chest compressions, but at no point were there any breaths given."
Thomas Cook said it is investigating after it emerged the woman was on a holiday booked through the travel firm when the incident occurred.
A Thomas Cook spokesman said: "We can confirm that one of our customers sadly died last week while on an excursion in Egypt.
"We would like to offer our sincere condolences to the family, and our welfare team continue to do all they can to support them at this time.
"We are urgently investigating what happened."
A Foreign Office spokesman said: "Our staff are assisting the family of a British woman who has died in Hurghada."
Top Stories from Mirror Online
Ms Bowles’ children have launched a GoFundMe page to cover funeral costs.
The page reads: "While on holiday in Egypt there was an devastating accident that claimed the life of our mum Janice.
"We would like to rais [sic] some money to help go towards her funeral and wake so even if it’s only £1 you can spare it all will help."
Susan and John Cooper had been on a ‘trip of a lifetime’ with their daughter and three grandchildren at the Red Sea resort town last month.
But their holiday turned to tragedy when they died suddenly within hours of each other, sparking the evacuation of hundreds of Thomas Cook holidaymakers.
The couple’s daughter, Kelly Ormerod, said there was a mysterious rancid smell in her parents’ hotel room, with an official later confirming a ‘strange’ smell.
It has now been reported that pest controllers sprayed chemicals into the room next to where Susan and John were staying the day before their deaths.
Source: Read Full Article