Surfer mauled to death by great white shark told pregnant wife ‘I love you two’ and kissed her belly hours before attack

A SURFER who was mauled to death by a great white shark told his pregnant wife ''I love you two'' and kissed her belly just a few hours before the brutal attack.

Dad-to-be Timothy Thompson, 31, died after the ferocious beast ripped his arm off in front of horrified onlookers off Emerald Beach in Coffs Harbour, Australia.

And now his mourning wife Katie has paid tribute to her ''best friend and baby daddy'' in a heartbreaking Facebook post.


She wrote: ''To say I’m heart broken would be an understatement. I’m just waiting for someone to tell me this isn’t real.

''All I know right now is that I have no choice but to keep going, because I have a little piece of you growing in me.

''My heart aches for our baby who will never get to meet you. You would of been the best daddy.

''I promise to tell our baby everyday how amazing their daddy was, how you never spoke a bad word about anybody, how kind and caring you were and most importantly how much you loved that little bubba growing in my tummy.

''The last thing Tim said to me before he walked out that door for the last time was “I love you two”. He kissed me and my tummy goodbye.

''Never in a million years did I think I would be doing life without you. Life can be tragic and unfair, but I take some comfort knowing how loved Tim was by everyone, the time we did have together was amazing and full of adventures.

My heart aches for our baby who will never get to meet you

''I am incredibly blessed that we met and our love story gets to live on with our baby.''

She concluded by thanking the surfers “for being brave, getting him to shore and for doing whatever you could to try and save him” as well as the first responders, paramedics and the Westpac Rescue Helicopter.

The couple had married just six months ago and were expecting their first child in January, reports 7News.

“It’s so sad … just to think that it would happen to someone like him because he was so amazing and he’s just left so much behind,” family friend Bronte Graham told the outlet.

Despite the best efforts of first responders and paramedics who rushed to the beach at 10.45am local time on Sunday, Mr Thompson was pronounced dead at the scene.

"I was out in the surf and I heard screaming," one witness told the Daily Telegraph Australia.

"I paddled further out to the water and saw a man without an arm, there was lots of blood.

"He was shouting ‘help me’ – people were trying to get him out to the shore.

"I saw paramedics performing CPR on him for about an hour and a half trying to save them."

The couple's friend Bronte Graham has set up a GoFundme page to raise funds to support Katie  for the arrival of their baby.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?

Email us at [email protected] or call 02077824104. You can WhatsApp us on 07423 720 250. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours

Click here to get The Sun newspaper delivered for FREE for the next six weeks.

    Source: Read Full Article