More than 300 ‘fake protesters’ charged with crimes including attempted murder and arson after 'exploiting demos'

HUNDREDS of "fake protesters" have been charged with crimes including attempted murder and arson after allegedly exploiting demonstrations.

The Department of Justice revealed in a Thursday press release that more than 300 people are facing federal charges for crimes committed during protests across the United States.

According to the report, the arrests took place in 29 states and Washington, DC.

The individuals were charged for "crimes committed adjacent to or under the guise of peaceful demonstrations since the end of May."

The charges ranged from attempted murder and felony civil disorder.

According to the DOJ, about 80 individuals have been charged with crimes relating to arson and explosives.

In addition, 15 individuals have been charged with damaging federal property.

The release explained: "In some instances, these individuals are alleged to have set fires to local businesses as well as city and federal property, which will regrettably incur millions of taxpayer dollars to repair damages to the Portland Courthouse, Nashville Courthouse, Minneapolis Police Third Precinct, Seattle Police East Precinct, and local high school in Minnesota.

"And, to replace police cruisers in South Carolina, Washington, Rhode Island, Georgia, Utah, and other states."

The agency revealed that at least 40 of the 94 U.S. Attorneys’ Offices have filed charges.

"Violent opportunists have exploited these demonstrations in various ways," the DOJ release states. 

The ATF and FBI has stressed the importance of reporting "suspected arson, use of explosive devices, or violent, destructive acts associated with the recent unrest."

Anyone with information is urged to call 1-888-ATF-TIPS (1-888-283-8477).

Although the exact names of those charged haven't been revealed, it is clear that violent protests have taken place throughout the nation in the aftermath of Breonna Taylor's death.

Her death comes during the Black Lives Matter movement – which was sparked after a video went viral on May 25 showing police officer Derek Chauvin kneeling on George Floyd's neck as he pleaded for his life and later died.

Back in June, a 63-year-old man from North Carolina allegedly phoned an African American church in Virginia Beach and threatening to set it on fire, according to the DOJ.

John Malcolm Bareswill, 63, was later arrested.

"The threatening call was placed on June 7, 2020, several days after one of the church’s leaders took part in a public prayer vigil and peaceful demonstration for George Floyd," the DOJ said.

In July, 24-year-old Dakotah Ray Horton was arrested for assaulting a federal officer, Law Enforcement Today reported.

His arrest was related to a Portland riot relating to antifa on July 27.

Horton was caught on video allegedly beating an officer with a bat.

Meanwhile, a group of protesters kicked an elderly couple off their restaurant table and threatened to "knock them the f**k out" on Wednesday evening.

Source: Read Full Article