Chilling last call from butchered boy, 17, to mum telling her he’d be home late

A 17-year-old boy who was murdered and dismembered had called his mum shortly before he was killed to tell her he would be home late.

Keane Mulready-Woods, who was on a court-imposed curfew, was last heard from just after 6pm on January 12 and in the days since then his gruesome murder in a ruthless drug gang feud has shocked Ireland.

It is reported that detectives expect to make arrests in the case in a matter of days.

Detectives believe Keane, who was involved in organised crime, was killed and cut into pieces at a house in Drogheda before his body parts were dumped in different locations in Dublin.

It was the latest in a series of tit-for-tat murders or attacks, and with no arrests there are fears of further violence in the town where tensions are high.

Have you been affected by the murder? Email [email protected]


  • Grandad 'held tot out of ship window for 30 seconds before fatal fall', cruise line says

  • Boy, 10, stabbed in street in front of mum as police launch manhunt for knifeman

On January 5, gardai had warned Keane that his life was in danger.

When Keane last spoke to his mum just after 6pm a week ago, he said he would be home late and asked her to leave money on the mantelpiece to pay for his taxi, the Sunday Independent reported.

He had been on a curfew which meant he had to be home before dark and he had been abiding by it, family friends told the newspaper.

Clad in expensive clothing – including a red Canada Goose jacket, a Gucci baseball cap featuring a snake and a Hugo Boss tracksuit and shoes – he was last seen near Dominic's Bridge in Drogheda town centre at about 6pm.

Gardai believe he was abducted then taken to the home where he was butchered.

He was reported missing and after a number of appeals from family on social media, the teen's severed limbs were found in a black sports bag on a pavement in north Dublin – about 30 miles from where he was last seen alive – just before 10pm on Monday.

The remains were dumped near a rival gangster's home in Moatview estate in Coolock.

At about 1.30am on Wednesday, a bag containing his head, hands and feet were found in a burning Volvo in Drumcondra.

Detectives were still looking for the teen's torso.

Keane, a school dropout who would have turned 18 on February 2, is said to have fallen into a life of crime at 14.

Within a year, Gardai suspected he had been recruited by a drug gang in Drogheda, it was reported.

When he was 15 he was accused of pointing a gun at a shop manager, and a year later he was accused of criminal damage and threatening a family.

He was placed in Garda's juvenile diversion programme, but on December 17 last year he was convicted of intimidation for threatening and terrorising a mother into paying her child's drug debt.

Days before the court hearing, he was suspected of involvement in a petrol bomb attack on a car in a local housing estate, the Sunday Independent reported.

His sentence was deferred until later this year and he was released on licence, with bail conditions including an overnight curfew.

The motive for his killing is being investigated, but reports have suggested it could have been in revenge for an earlier murder or an attack on a mobster just months ago.

But arrests could be imminent.

Detectives are awaiting DNA test results from knives and machetes recovered at the scene of the killing, and expect to arrest two suspects within days, the Irish Mirror reported.

Source: Read Full Article