CCTV cameras on missing mum Sarah Wellgreen's home 'were switched off the night she vanished'

The 46-year-old was last seen on October 9 in the village of New Ash Green in Kent — with her disappearance now being treated as a murder probe.

Detectives say they are examining her complicated private life for clues as to her whereabouts.

But it was reported that cops are also investigating why home security cameras on the front of the semi-detached property were turned off on the night she left home with just her phone, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Kent Police declined to comment on the alleged CCTV mystery.

Forensics teams and dogs units are continuing to scour woodland today — with their search focused on a Scratchers' Lane near Dartford four miles from Sarah's home.

Last night The Sun Online revealed that Sarah had told her ex-husband that she wanted to get married to a mystery man just weeks before she vanished.

Peter Symons, 54, said Sarah was "madly in love" with a man in Portsmouth — and may have been living with him.

He said: "I know that she had a new boyfriend in Portsmouth who she was madly in love with and wanted to get married to.

"I haven't got a clue who he is — all I know is that she had connections in Portsmouth."

Peter and Sarah met in Portsmouth and married in 1989 but split a year later after moving to Oxfordshire.

They remained friends however — and kept in touch on Facebook.

Peter told how they last spoke around eight months ago.

Speaking at home in Carterton, Oxon, he told The Sun Online: "We were on talking terms, which was good.

"Our marriage finished a long time ago – about 1990 it finished – but it's water under the bridge.

"I read one thing that she might have been living back in Kent — so maybe her relationship in Portsmouth broke down, I don't know.

"I know that he had a couple of children and that she was in love with him and wanted to get married to him."

Peter's claims came as former boyfriend Neil James revealed he had spoken with Sarah on the phone on the night that she vanished — the last contact she is known to have had with anyone.

Neil, of Farnham, Surrey, told MailOnline: "On the Tuesday night I spoke to Sarah on the phone at 9.24pm, the conversation went on for about 15 minutes.

"She said she was at home and she was in bed. Every night Sarah and I would speak and every morning either she or I would say 'morning honey' and text and that would normally be before 8am.

"On Wednesday morning I texted her about 7.50am 'morning honey, how's you?', that sort of thing, and it didn't deliver."

He said at first he "didn't think anything of it" but panicked later when he couldn't get through, finally calling her children and then the police.

Neil revealed they had split up in the summer and she began internet dating and seeing other men, but kept in contact with him.

Cops were joined by more than 200 volunteers have been scouring woods near the home she shares with her ex-partner, Ben Lacomba, 38, and their three children — six-year-old twins and a 12-year-old son.

Sarah, who also has two older sons — Lewis Burdett, 22, and Jack, 21 — still worked in Portsmouth and is said to have spent time in Surrey, where colleagues believe she had found a new man through online dating.

Sarah's uncle claimed that Sarah could have a new lover, saying she could have travelled abroad after starting a new relationship with a toyboy.

Ronald Wellgreen, 61, revealed he had been contacted by a man from Farnborough last week claiming to have been in a relationship with Sarah.

But the mum-of-five had reportedly told him in June she was seeing someone new and was no longer with him.

He said: "He said they were messaging each other every day until she went missing – and he hasn't heard from her since.

"I remember her telling me in June that she and this man in Farnborough weren't together anymore, but he seemed to think they were still in a relationship."

Ronald said Sarah has an apartment abroad – understood to be Alicante – and used to run a bar in Spain with Nerf gun enthusiast Ben.

Ronald said he was "gobsmacked" by the probe.

"It looks to me like she could have died, but I've got no reason to think she was killed by someone – why would she be?" he said.

"I do think she could be abroad somewhere – she has an apartment abroad.

"I have no idea why she would have left – no matter what happened on that Tuesday she would have wanted to take her children with her."

The manager of the beauty salon where missing mother Sarah Wellgreen worked today said two different men picked her up from work in as many months.

Martin Prus, manager of Puresun Health and Beauty Centre, said Neil James, from Farnborough, Hants, and another younger man had been to the salon to see the 46-year-old.

Mr Prus, 43, said: "I remember Neil James. He came to the salon about three months ago to pick Sarah up after she finished work.

"He introduced himself and seemed like a nice man – I remember him telling me he was taking her out to a nice restaurant after she finished work.

"I'm not sure how long exactly they were in a relationship, but I remember they were together for a while from what she had told me.

"A month later, around August time, a younger man came to the salon and dropped Sarah at work because he needed to use her car.

"He looked Italian or Spanish, and was probably in his thirties.

"Sarah asked me if the man could borrow my drill because he was doing some work to her house in Portsmouth.

"I don't remember his name, he was much quieter than Neil, but spoke very nicely and was polite.

"He then returned a few hours later to take Sarah home after work.

"I'm not entirely sure if they were officially a couple or not or if they had just started dating, but there was definitely something there between them."

Kent police said detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are investigating.

Yesterday they described her disappearance is "totally out of character".

Det Supt Paul Fotheringham said: "She'd just had a new job offer she was looking forward to.

"She has spoken to friends about looking forward to the future and, most significantly, she has now missed one of her children's birthdays."

Her distraught family have been appealing for information after it was revealed her car was left outside her home and she has not used her phone or bank card since she vanished.

On Wednesday dad Anthony Wellgreen, 67, said: “I don’t understand it at all. It’s not in her character to disappear like this.

“Nothing like this has ever happened before. We are all so worried. Two weeks is a long time to be away.”

Horrified neighbours in the sleepy village of New Ash have been praying the mum is safe as cops extended the search area around her home.

One, who didn't want to be named, said: "I'm hoping for her children's sake that Sarah is still alive.

"She never really left the house much from what I could tell so this idea she's gone and started a new life is very unusual and I doubt that's the case.

"I'm worried sick about her.

"I know the family well. She had six-year-old twins and a 12-year-old and they are lovely. They're always very smart and well looked after. They're friends with our grandchildren so we know each other as families.

"I feel so sorry for them. This is absolutely awful."

Another, who spoke with Sarah the day she vanished, said: "She made a joke, saying 'oh, you got here before me today'.

"She was really happy and smiley, not acting strangely or like she was going to disappear.

"It's really out of character for her. It's weird."

Cops are asking for anyone who saw anything suspicious in the village overnight on October 9 to come forward.

They are also urging locals to check outhouses and areas surrounding their properties for any sign of Sarah.

DSI Fotheringham said: "We have experts with specialist technology and forensic scientists working with us to try and find Sarah.

"We are particularly interested to hear from anyone with fixed CCTV cameras within a five mile radius of New Ash Green, whether this is residential or commercial CCTV to come forward.

"Likewise, anyone who was out on the evening of the 9 October to the morning of 10 October in that five mile area who has dashcam in their vehicle, please contact us.

"We are also appealing to those living and working in the area bordered by the A2, M25, Meopham, Cobham, Horton Kirby and Darenth to check their sheds, outbuildings and areas of rough ground or woodland for any sign of Sarah."

Sarah and Nerf gun enthusiast Ben split up following the birth of the twins but six months ago she moved back in with the cabbie.

Sarah, who also has two older sons — Lewis Burdett, 22, and Jack, 21 — still worked in Portsmouth and is said to have spent time in Surrey, where colleagues believe she had found a new man through online dating.

Mr Prus told The Sun earlier this week: “She is always in different locations. She is a very busy woman.

“I know she had been travelling between Portsmouth, Kent and somewhere near Guildford in Surrey.

“We know she was connected to at least three areas.

“In Portsmouth she was with her eldest sons, and when in Kent she was with her ex-partner.

“They were sharing the children, that’s what I know."

Mr Prus added that Sarah, thought to have been married three times, worked at the salon full-time for around two years before going part-time when she moved back to Kent.

She is also believed to own a home in Portsmouth which she rents out.

Police have spent several days searching her home as well as trawling through social media and dating sites for clues.

Officers have also used drones and dogs to search an area of woods they have cordoned off near her and Ben’s £265,000 terraced home.

Over the weekend, police also searched land and fields by a nearby private hospital and pub, and woodland in Ridley, about two miles away from where she lived.

Sarah’s oldest son Lewis has put out several appeals on social media, which have been shared thousands of times.

He described his mum’s disappearance as completely out of character, saying that she was “happy, with no problems”.

The 22-year-old said that the day before she went missing, she had also found out she had got a new job, adding: “So everything was great”.

On Tuesday last week, police arrested a man in his 30s for questioning. He has since been released pending further inquiries.

If anyone has any information please call Kent Police on 0207 158 0011, Freephone 0800 056 0154 quoting 11-0423 or ring Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Source: Read Full Article