The care provider was left with no broadband or phone lines after a deliberate attack on the BT phone cables on Hargreaves Street in Burnley, Lancashire in the early hours of last Friday morning.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
Nutty conspiracy theorists claim 5G is responsible for the coronavirus pandemic.
The widely debunked claims have been circulating in viral Whatsapp messages with some Brits taking it upon themselves to burn down 5G towers in response.
Alan Cooper who runs Majestic Care North West said vandals had cut cables at two other locations in Burnley town centre.
After speaking with BT Openreach he believes the lines were sabotaged by 5G conspiracy believers.
He told the Sun Online: "It happened in the early hours of the morning around 4.20am.
"The lines right outside my office were chopped up. It's a big hefty cable which carries phone lines and broadband.
"Two other sites in Burnley were attacked within three minutes of each, so I believe it was a coordinated attack with a team of people.
"We're getting a lot of praise from the the public about what we're doing and then for somebody to come along and just try to ruin the work we're doing, it's ludicrous – absolutely disgraceful behaviour."
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN THE KNOW
Don't miss the latest news and figures – and essential advice for you and your family.
To receive The Sun's Coronavirus newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, simply 'Like' our Coronavirus page.
Get Britain's best-selling newspaper delivered to your smartphone or tablet each day – find out more.
Majestic Care North West provides end-of-life care and continuing healthcare on behalf of the NHS.
Its support workers are currently looking after several Covid-19 patients.
Mr Cooper explained that the company's operation of 85 support workers and four office-based coordinators works using a system which has all of the patients information, their medicine details and how much dosage they require, on one system.
Carers access the system with their mobile phones and when the company's lines were sabotaged the support workers weren't able to access any of the information they needed.
"It was a major set-back for us," said Mr Cooper. "Especially at times like this. Normally we operate at 100 per cent but with the outbreak we're operating at 120 per cent.
"I have staff working 14-hour and 16-hour shifts.
"It's essential work and if we can't do it, nobody else can."
Mr Cooper thanked BT and Open Reach who were quick to restore the company's broadband and phone lines once they heard about the vital service the support workers provide.
"I would like people to know that this has absolutely nothing to do with 5G," added Mr Cooper.
"We don't even have 5G in Burnley. They might be putting masts up in preparation but as of yet we don't have 5G.
"What we do have is people suffering from the coronavirus."
A spokesperson for the police told the Lancashire Telegraph they were called at 7.40pm on April 3 to a report that the phone lines had been cut.
They said: “At this stage we are not sure what was used to cut the wires. We are looking at local CCTV and enquiries are ongoing.
“This is a deplorable crime at the premises of a healthcare provider amid the current pandemic.
“We would appeal for anyone with information to please get in touch to help us find those responsible.
“We understand people may be reluctant to come forward during this time especially if they have not been following the government guidelines about staying at home, but I would reassure them that our immediate concern is to find out what happened here and we would urge anyone who has any information, no matter how insignificant they may feel it to be, to come forward and speak to us.”
Anyone with information should contact the police on 101 quoting log reference 1245 of April 3, or email [email protected]
Alternatively Crimestoppers can be contacted anonymously on 0800 555111.
Give now to The Sun's NHS appeal
BRITAIN’s four million NHS staff are on the frontline in the battle against coronavirus.
But while they are helping save lives, who is there to help them?
The Sun has launched an appeal to raise £1MILLION for NHS workers.
The Who Cares Wins Appeal aims to get vital support to staff in their hour of need.
We have teamed up with NHS Charities Together in their urgent Covid-19 Appeal to ensure the money gets to exactly who needs it.
The Sun is donating £50,000 and we would like YOU to help us raise a million pounds, to help THEM.
No matter how little you can spare, please donate today here
Source: Read Full Article