X Factor 2019 has been dramatically ‘axed’ amid a major shake-up.
All auditions have been scrapped at the last-minute, leaving hopefuls high and dry, according to North Wales Live .
The next series of the ITV singing contest has been left in limbo with producers considering their options, including rumours All Stars and Celebrity versions are in the works.
Simon Cowell previously claimed there would be a major overhaul of the show amid falling ratings – with the 2018 series suffering the lowest in 14 years.
One venue in North Wales only discovered their services would not be needed at the last-minute.
A spokesperson for Garden Den , who were due to hold auditions in Rhyl on March 21, said: "We heard a couple of weeks ago that ITV were uhmming and ahhing about the new series.
"But we had no official confirmation from the production team at all.
"We had a whole event planned around it, with about 60 acts lined up to audition. We spent a lot of money putting things together.
"Thing is, they don’t pay to use your venue, they just expect it and in return, you get the publicity.
"The event was meant to be next week, and we finally got confirmation a couple of days ago. But it wasn’t a statement or anything, literally just a phone call and that was it.
"They said the X-Factor is ‘not being aired, there won’t be any auditions’, nothing at all. It’s been pulled.
"They said Simon Cowell has other ideas, like a winner of winners competition, or a celebrity version of the show.
"But all auditions across the country have been cancelled at the last minute while they decide what they are doing with it.
"Sad thing is, everyone who agreed to do this will have lost out in some way, shape or form.
"And there still hasn’t been an official statement from them, or even a press release. We’ve had no guidance on what to say. And heard nothing since they hung up the phone."
Simon has spoken about his grand plan to get viewers back by having two bold new versions of the X Factor format.
Cowell told The Sun: "I’ve had a meeting with ITV, I’ve told them what I think we’d like to do with X Factor because we’ve been waiting to have this opportunity.
"The time feels right, and it will be a huge change.
"We haven’t exactly confirmed the dates or the order of the shows, but essentially there are going to be two versions of X Factor running this year."
The fate of the judging panel has yet to be confirmed after Robbie Williams, Ayda Williams and Louis Tomlinson were introduced last year.
One Direction star Louis has already admitted he doesn’t know if he will return amid the planned shake-up.
He reportedly threatened to quit, insisting that the singing contest should be for the public.
Those hoping to become the next Leona Lewis, Olly Murs or One Direction may have to audition for Britain’s Got Talent instead.
There’s also plans to bring a revamped BGT to the screens as well as Cowell goes on the offensive to reassert his show on the TV schedules.
The music mogul reportedly wants to create a second series of Britain’s Got Talent with past winners of the show competing against each other, along with the main series, which is currently in production.
The Mirror has approached ITV for comment.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033
Source: Read Full Article