Tonight will see the fifth episode of the drama air on Channel 4.
When is The First on Channel 4?
The First continues tonight at 9pm on Channel 4.
It airs at the same time as Inside The Foreign Office on BBC Two and I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here on ITV.
It has already been shown in the US and aired on Hulu on September 14.
Viewers can catch up on any missed episodes online with All 4.
The series was written by Beau Willimon who also created House Of Cards.
Episode four is titled Where Life Is and sees Laz and the engineers race to find a solution to the problem with the Mars Ascent vehicle.
Who is in the cast of The First?
Sean Penn heads up the cast playing astronaut Tom Hagerty.
The rest of the cast includes…
- Natascha McElhone as Laz Ingram, CEO of launch provider Vista
- LisaGay Hamilton as astronaut Kayla Price
- Hannah Ware as astronaut Sadie Hewitt
- Keiko Agena as astronaut Aiko Hakari
- James Ransone as astronaut Nick Fletcher
- Anna Jacoby-Heron as Denise Hagerty, Tom's daughter
- Norbert Leo Butz as Matthew Dawes, an astronaut killed while leading a previous mission
- Annie Parisse as Ellen Dawes, Matthew's wife.
- Melissa George as Diane Hagerty, Tom's wife.
- Jeannie Berlin as The President
- Bill Camp as Aaron Shultz, a journalist.
What is The First about?
The First is set in the near future and is about the first human mission to Mars.
The series will explore the difficulties and dangers of colonising the red planet.
It will also look at the impact the mission has on families and friends left on Earth.
In a review by Variety it was praised as having "a level of sheer ambition that’s genuinely admirable, providing in its best moments a prismatic look at all the aspects of the sort of manned interplanetary mission we real-world Earthlings barely allow ourselves to imagine: The political opposition, the intrapersonal strife, the glimmers of idealism participants know better than to feel, but do anyway."
Source: Read Full Article