The Voice audience deny Grant Denyer’s claims they were held captive

Audience members have denied claims made by Grant Denyer that they were held against their will at a recent taping of The Voice.

Speaking on his 2Day FM radio show on Wednesday, the Ten Network presenter claimed that the audience were prevented from leaving Sydney's Fox Studios by producers of the Nine Network  reality show and the police were called as a result.

Nathan Brown (in white) with The Voice’s Delta Goodrem during a recording.

"I was there from 9.30 that morning and we got out just after 11pm and we didn't see anyone being held against their will," Brown said.

"I have been going to recordings of The Voice on a regular basis since season one, and I've also attended live recordings of Popstars, Australian Idol, Australia's Got Talent and X Factor down through the years and I have never seen anyone not being allowed to leave.

"Times always run late, and unless it's an emergency, producers can't let you up and leave in the middle of a taping session, but they give regular breaks so people can use the bathroom or leave, but the doors are never locked, just closed."

Another audience member, who asked not to me named, said she did not witness any producer stand in the way of audience members who were trying to leave.

"I have been to 10 recordings this season and we have never been locked in," she said.

Denyer claimed that the tapings "were running three hours over" after the audience had already been there for nearly nine hours.

"The staff had to lock all the doors to the recording studio and they manned the doors and refused to let anybody out. People were trying to storm out and leave," Denyer claimed.

"It got so bad that audience members started ringing the cops.

"They were calling triple-0 at the exits saying, 'I'm being held against my will at Studio 3 in Fox studios at The Voice set.'"

The Voice coaches (L-R) Boy George, Delta Goodrem, Guy Sebastian and Kelly Rowland.Credit:Nine

However, a spokesperson for NSW Police said on Thursday that they are "not aware of any such calls".

Later on Wednesday, Jane Kennedy and Mick Molloy followed up the story on their Triple M show taking a call from a man called "John" who claimed to have been in the audience.

"It was pretty traumatising by the time we finished," John said.

"We got there at 2pm, it was only supposed to go until 7.30 and at 10.30 I walked out and it was still going … it was just hectic."

Grant Denyer with his Gold and Silver Logies last year.Credit:AAP

A spokesperson for The Voice denied that anyone was held captive and said the police were not called out to the set.

"The records for the Knockout round did run over, as often filming does, but no one was held against their will and was free to leave as soon as it was safe to do so.

"The studio doors were not locked nor were exits blocked. Our priority and responsibility is the safety of the audience and crew in a working studio."

Nine, the broadcaster of The Voice, is the owner of this masthead.

Source: Read Full Article