Check out episodes of The Incredible Dr. Pol and the show’s social media and you will soon see who, apart from office manager Diane Pol, is really in charge of Pol Veterinary Services.
The office’s beloved three-legged cat, Tater, is Dr. Pol’s unofficial office mascot.
Diane Pol is the office manager extraordinaire
Diane Pol has been her husband’s business partner, managing his office and clients since their start in the early 1980s. It’s her incredible organization that keeps the busy clinic moving smoothly.
“My first experience after graduating was working for a veterinarian in Harbor Beach, Michigan,” Dr. Pol told Today’s Veterinary Practice in 2012. “However, my wife, Diane, and I were eager to start our own practice here in Weidman, Michigan. When the practice opened in 1981, 80% of our practice was dairy, with the remaining 20% equine and small animals.”
“We worked out of a room built in the corner of the garage until the practice outgrew that small space. Diane and I managed to buy more property next door and build a clinic—a double-wide trailer, which was all we could afford with interest rates close to 20%.”
All about Tater
Although it’s not clear who Tater belonged to before becoming Dr. Pol’s forever cat, the story goes that he was brought in after getting caught in an animal trap. His leg was damaged beyond repair, forcing the veterinarian to amputate it.
The missing leg doesn’t slow down the sleek black office cat in the least. Tater has quite a following on his very own Instagram account and generally can be seen sleeping on a desk, a waiting room chair, or splayed out on the waiting room floor. He faithfully welcomes patients and clients streaming in and out of the busy clinic.
“Tater is very much at home in the clinic,” Dr. Pol said on his show about his feline rescue. “He is his own boss. He gets spoiled so much, it’s unbelievable. Right now, he’s getting sneaky, running off to sneak outside. He is not afraid of anything or anybody and is very friendly to everybody.”
‘The Incredible Dr. Pol’ fans love Tater
Tater’s Instagram bio reads, “My name tater I’m a cat I live with dr pol and I’m on tv. I’m handsome and stink like a horse sometimes cuz I roll around in a barn and eat mouse.”
The fans following his Instagram page let their love for him shine.
“I have loved Dr Pol and everything about him, his family, and his amazing work. I must admit that Tater has brought something special to the show, and I love him,” said one Tater fan.
Another gushed, “Aww, Tater Pol what a great addition to my fav show & best mascot ever.”
As another Tater fan put it so perfectly, “I love this cat!!!! I’m a total dog person but that cat has some personality!!”
Read more: Is ‘The Incredible Dr. Pol’ On Disney+?
Source: Read Full Article