Naga Munchetty’s subtle jab at Ant & Dec break announcement
Hosting alongside Charlie Stayt, Naga Munchetty informed BBC Breakfast viewers that the long-running ITV show hosted by Ant and Dec will be coming to an end soon.
The I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! presenters took to social media on Thursday afternoon to reveal they’ll be taking a break from Saturday Night Takeaway after 20 years.
Although there will be a 20th series airing in 2024, they’ll then be stepping back as they confessed filming takes up a large portion of their year.
Showing BBC viewers a clip from the duo revealing the news, Dec said: “We just feel we need a little bit of a breather.”
However, it looked as though Naga was less than impressed with their reasoning as she couldn’t help but take a swipe at them.
Turning to Charlie, she said: “Well we’re always working here on breakfast. We never take a break do we?”
Awkwardly laughing, he replied: “No, never happens.”
The anchor continued: “Everyday, 365 or whatever days a year.”
Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway first launched in 2002 before taking a brief pause in 2009 and returning once again in 2013.
Inside the life of The Repair Shop’s Steve Fletcher including family heartbreak[INSIGHT]
Channel 4 cuts ties with Dick and Angel Strawbridge after ‘conduct’ review[CHANNEL 4]
Phillip Schofield’s ‘replacement’ on Dancing on Ice lined up as popular ITV host[ITV]
For a decade, fans of the show have seen them speak to a plethora of celebrity guests, pull pranks on well-known names, play hilarious games and give away incredible prizes to the audience members.
However, with the duo saying the series will be having “a little bit of a rest”, it could suggest a revival in the future.
ITV boss Kevin Lygo reacted to the announcement as he said: “When you think of Saturday night television you think of Saturday Night Takeaway.
“Over 20 series the show has become a cultural phenomenon, and while we eagerly anticipate what Ant & Dec have up their sleeves for the 2024 series.”
“We completely understand their desire to take a pause, take stock, and think about what the next incarnation of the show might look like.”
Despite the end of Saturday Night Takeaway, it looks as though they won’t be leaving ITV anytime soon.
Earlier this year they extended their exclusive contract with the broadcaster for another three years.
The pair are regular faces on some of the most well-loved shows on ITV from I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!, Britain’s Got Talent and Limitless Win.
Source: Read Full Article