Over a million people have signed up to ‘storm Area 51’ next month despite a warning from the US Air Force they could be shot in the process.
The mysterious region of the Nevada desert has captured the minds of UFO hunters for decades.
It has long been rumoured that evidence of alien contact has been kept inside the classified remote part of the US Air Force’s Edwards Air Force Base. Even with longtime UFO experts warning that alien contact would be a bad thing, nearly 1.5 million people are saying they plan to ‘storm’ the facility in September.
But long before an attempt to visit Area 51 went viral, two UFO hunters got tantalizingly close.
Alien investigators Tim and Tracey Doyle, who run UFO Seekers, took a hike to the top of nearby Tikaboo Peak in 2017 to get a better view of Area 51 itself.
From their 8,000ft vantage point they were able to take some pictures with a super-long-distance lens 25 miles to the east of the famous site.
Here’s their full video:
Only those with top-level security clearance can get into Area 51, which is a guarded detachment of Edwards Air Force Base.
Initially, it was set up to test Lockheed U2 reconnaissance planes in 1955, but since then its uses have changed.
Nobody except top brass in the USAF and the American government know what goes on there.
It was only in 2013 that we got actual confirmation from the government that Area 51 is an actual thing. After years of silence and speculation, an official acknowledgement of its existence appeared in a response to a Freedom of Information request.
The report then put together by Jeffrey T. Richelson showed sparing, but very present mentions of the base as ‘Area 51’.
Interestingly, back in 1995, President Clinton signed an order protecting the area from environmental legislation around the control of hazardous waste as it ‘would require the disclosure of classified information concerning that operating location to any unauthorized (sic) person’.
The Presidential Determination, as it is called, named it an operating location of the United States Air Force’s, rather than Area 51.
Nick Pope, a former UFO investigator for the MoD who now lives in the US, told Metro that even if there was alien technology at the mysterious base it would probably have been moved somewhere else by now.
‘Even if there had ever been any alien technology – or aliens – at Area 51, it would be long gone,’ he told us.
‘Common sense dictates that the moment a military base starts getting namechecked in movies like Independence Day and TV shows like The X-Files, the cat is out of the bag, so any UFO-related material would probably long since have been moved elsewhere, to a location the public has never heard of.’
Despite this fact, over a million people still seem keen to venture into the desert next month to try and see for themselves. Whether or not they manage to capture images better than the ones provided by Tim and Tracey Doyle in 2017 remains to be seen.
The bid to storm Area 51 will take place on September 20 at 3 am – if it’s allowed to go ahead.
Source: Read Full Article