FRANK WARREN hit back at Eddie Hearn over the ticket sales for Tyson Fury's cancelled trilogy fight with Deontay Wilder.
Fury was set to renew his rivalry with Wilder on July 24 in the third fight of their series, until he tested positive for coronavirus.
The rematch has since been rescheduled to October 9, but rival promoter Eddie Hearn suggested there were still several seats left to fill.
He told DAZN: “They sold no tickets.
"Basically, you could go online and check. I don’t know whether it was 25 per cent or 30 per cent of the tickets have been sold, but that’s disastrous.
“There was no hype. This was going to do very, very poor pay-per-view numbers.
“The whole thing stank, it is so disjointed everywhere, you have about eight people working on the fight who don’t like each other.”
But Fury's UK promoter was quick to shut down Hearn's conspiracies and claimed £14million worth of tickets had already been sold.
Warren said on talkSPORT: “I see that Eddie Hearn made some comments about it, ‘tickets haven’t sold’.
“They’d done £14million worth of tickets up until the postponement. It’s just rubbish.”
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Fury, 32, has since tested negative for Covid-19 and will be allowed to train back home in the UK.
The WBC champion, who dethroned Wilder, 35, in Feburary 2020, has vowed to come back stronger after recovering from the virus.
He said in a video: "I wanted nothing more than to smash the big dosser on July 24, but I guess the beating will have to wait.
"Make no mistake, I will be back and better than ever. We will fight October 9 – and I will knock him spark out!"
Source: Read Full Article