THE stage is set for two of the world's best welterweights to collide in LA.
Errol Spence Jr and Shawn Porter are set to go head-to-head for the WBC and IBF world titles in an eagerly-awaited all-American showdown.
There's a packed supporting cast over Stateside as the unbeaten Spence looks to add the WBC belt to his collection.
When is Spence Jr vs Porter?
THIS huge bout is set for Saturday, September 28.
It will be held at Staples Centre in LA.
Get the coffee ready, as it's set to be a late night for viewers in the UK.
The main card gets underway at 3am UK time, so expect the highlight of the evening around 4.30am.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
YOU can catch every punch live on Sky Sports Action and Main Event.
Coverage from Stateside gets underway at 2am BST.
If you're not a Sky customer, you can still watch all the action by grabbing a NOW TV pass from just £9.99.
Who is fighting on the undercard?
- Errol Spence Jr vs Shawn Porter (WBC and IBF world welterweight titles)
- Anthony Dirrell vs David Benavidez (WBC world super middleweight title)
- Mario Barrios vs Batyr Akhmedov (WBA world super lightweight title)
- Josesito Lopez vs John Molina Jr (welterweight)
- Roberto Guerrero vs Gerald Thomas (welterweight)
- Amon Rashidi vs Alfonso Olvera (welterweight)
- Misael Rodriguez vs Brandon Maddox (super middleweight)
- Fernando Garcia vs Juan Antonio Lopez (featherweight)
- Leon Lawson III vs Alan Zavala (super welterweight)
- Lindolfo Delgado vs Jesus Zazueta Anaya (welterweight)
- Jose Valenzuela vs Charles Clark (super featherweight)
- Burley Brooks vs Fabian Valdez (light heavyweight)
- Joey Spencer vs Travis Gambardella (middleweight)
- Justin Cardona vs Archie Weah (super lightweight)
What they said
Errol Spence Jr: "This is going to be a tough fight because of Shawn’s style. He has a come-forward style and he likes to throw a lot of punches. He has a lot of will and he’s going to help make this a great fight.
"I’m confident in my abilities and confident that I will perform to the best of my abilities. I believe that no matter what Shawn brings to the ring, I’ll have an answer for it."
Shawn Porter: "Spence is a tactical fighter. I know they’ll have a good game plan but I’m confident in my abilities and in my corner.
"Errol and I are likeable and respectable guys, but we give it all in the ring. Fights like this are going to help the sport of boxing.
"I don’t just want to challenge Errol Spence Jr., and I took on this fight because I want to be the guy who beats him and takes his 0. And I think Kell Brook challenged him, but I’m here to have my hand raised at the end of the night."
Source: Read Full Article