DILLIAN WHYTE returns to the ring on Halloween weekend in a corker of a clash with former Tyson Fury foe Otto Wallin.
Whyte bounced back from his KO loss to Alexander Povetkin last year by beating the Russian an emphatic fashion earlier this year in Gibraltar.
Wallin won a decision over ex-Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder opponent Dominic Breazeale back in February.
But the Swede is best known for giving Fury one of the toughest fights of his career and opening up a huge cut over his right eye two years ago.
Whyte has angled for a fight with Fury himself for some time, with the winner of this fight likely to be called as the mandatory for the winer of Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3.
When is Dillian Whyte vs Otto Wallin?
- Dillian Whyte's heavyweight clash with Otto Wallin is set to go ahead on October 30.
- The fight will take place at London's O2 Arena, where Whyte is a hugely popular figure.
- There will be close to 20,000 fans in attendance at the fight.
- The main event is expected to get going at around 10.30pm UK time.
What channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- Dillian Whyte vs Otto Wallin will be shown live on DAZN in the UK.
- To subscribe to DAZN, you have to create an account which will set you back £7.99 a month.
- The fight will be Whyte's first on DAZN in the UK since Matchroom switched broadcasters from Sky to the streaming service.
- Coverage of the card will begin at 7pm UK time.
- You can expect Whyte to make his ring-walk at around 10.15pm.
Whyte vs Wallin current card
- Dillian Whyte vs. Otto Wallin
- Chantelle Cameron vs. Mary McGree
- Alen Babic vs. Lucas Browne
Remaining fights TBC
What has been said?
“He’s kind of a brawler but he can box a little bit too,” revealed Wallin has said.
“He’s got a good left hook and he’s a good body puncher so those are things I’ve got to be aware of.
"I think that in the long run it takes a toll to have hard fights like that. He’s been knocked out twice and he’s taken a lot of punishment and he’s been hurt in different fights."
Whyte's promoter Eddie Hearn said: “As long as Dillian beats Otto Wallin, then Whyte is mandatory for the winner of that fight immediately.
“There is no reason not to do it. Dillian, who 100 per cent would have wanted AJ to win, because he’s not like that.
“He now sits there as probably a cast-iron mandatory challenger to the winner of Wilder-Fury."
Who is Otto Wallin?
Wallin burst onto the scene when he fought Tyson Fury in September 2019.
The Swede was supposed to be an easy touch for Fury, who was preparing for his rematch with Deontay Wilder.
But their fight turned into a nightmare for Fury, who was cut open by one of Wallin's left hooks in the fourth round.
The cut required extensive attention throughout the fight and 47 stitches after the bout was finished.
It also became a possibility that the fight could've been stopped due to the cut's severity, making it a TKO victory for Wallin.
But Fury hung on and secured a tight win on the judges' scorecards.
Since then, Wallin has bounced back with two wins, one of which came against Breazeale in February of this year.
Source: Read Full Article