DILLIAN WHYTE faces Alexander Povetkin in a huge rematch this weekend as he aims to get his heavyweight world title hopes back on track.
The Body Snatcher, 32, was stunned by the former world champ Povetkin, 41, in August 2020.
What time is Whyte vs Povetkin 2?
- Whyte vs Povetkin 2 takes place on Saturday, March 27.
- The main event ring walks are set to start from 10.45pm – 11.45pm local time.
- The Europa Point Sports Complex in Gibraltar
What TV channel and live stream is Whyte vs Povetkin 2 on?
- Whyte vs Povetkin 2 will be broadcast live on Sky Sports Box Office in the UK.
- Sky Sports Box office will begin their coverage at 6pm.
- The event will cost £19.95 to purchase.
Why is Whyte vs Povetkin 2 in Gibraltar?
Whyte has his fight training camps in Portugal.
The pay-per-view clash was moved from Wembley to Gibraltar when travel restrictions between Portugal and the UK would have forced Whyte to quarantine for ten days in a designated hotel before the must-win clash.
What is the Whyte vs Povetkin 2 undercard?
Ricky Hatton's son Campbell, 19, makes his professional debut on the stacked card.
- Ted Cheeseman vs JJ Metcalf (British super-welterweight title)
- Fabio Wardley vs Eric Molina (heavyweight)
- Youssef Khoumari vs Kane Baker (super-featherweight)
- Chris Kongo vs Michael Mickinson (WBO global welterweight title)
- Eric Pfeifer vs Nick Webb (heavyweight)
- Campbell Hatton vs TBA (debut)
What have they said?
Whyte: “I lost to him but he was done – they were saying ‘we are pulling you out at the end of this round.
“They know him better than me. It’s hard for me to say what they were thinking, but don’t worry, I’ll try and help their hand this time. I definitely want to knock him out, one hundred percent."
Povetkin: "There was no such conversation in the corner [to stop the fight last time round].
“The people who know me know that I fight until the end. You can’t throw the towel in until the referee stops the fight.”
Source: Read Full Article