FRANK LAMPARD and Chelsea have spent big over the summer in an effort to become title contenders once again.
The Blues have brought in a plethora of talent in all areas of the pitch, with signs that the side are starting to gel following the 4-0 demolition of Crystal Palace.
Chelsea transfers in
There's now some serious firepower on offer at the Bridge.
German pair Timo Werner and Kai Havertz arrived early in the window, while Hakim Ziyech looked sharp before getting injured in a pre-season clash with Brighton.
Edouard Mendy has replaced error-prone Kepa between the sticks, while Ben Chilwell has hit the ground running and looks every bit a Champions League player.
- Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
- Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen)
- Hakim Ziyech (Ajax)
- Malang Sarr (Nice)
- Ben Chilwell (Leicester)
- Thiago Silva (PSG)
- Edouard Mendy (Rennes)
Chelsea transfers out
With so many talented players coming in the door, it was always going to be an off-season of change in West London.
But it was still a surprise to see Ross Barkley head out on the loan, with the England midfielder heading to Aston Villa.
Loans were the order of the day for many youngsters, as Izzy Brown, Trevoh Chalobah and Connor Gallagher were once again on the move.
- Tiemoue Bakayoko (Napoli, loan)
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Fulham, loan)
- Josh Grant (Bristol Rovers)
- Ross Barkley (Aston Villa, loan)
- Michy Batshuayi (Crystal Palace, loan)
- Marcel Lavinier (Released)
- Richard Nartey (Released)
- Pedro (Roma)
- Willian (Arsenal, Released)
- Danilo Pantic (FK Cukaricki, loan)
- Jacob Maddix (Vitoria SC)
- Izzy Brown (Sheffield Wednesday, loan)
- Trevoh Chalobah (Lorient, loan)
- Armando Broja (Vitesse Arnhem, loan)
- Tariq Uwakwe (Accrington, loan)
- Connor Gallagher (West Brom, loan)
- Jon Russell (Accrington, loan)
Chelsea 25-man squad
The Blues will have to confirm their 25-man squad to the Premier League before Tuesday, October 20.
It will have to include at least seven homegrown players.
Check back to SunSport nearer that date for the full list of players.
Source: Read Full Article