9am Man Utd news LIVE: Jadon Sancho ‘agrees five-year deal’ – LATEST, Solskjaer pushing Woodward for deals, Pereira spat – The Sun

MANCHESTER UNITED are in excellent form with four straight victories after hammering Bournemouth on Saturday.

And off the field things seem to be going their way too with claims Jadon Sancho has 'agreed in principle' a five-year contract with the Red Devils worth an initial £140,000 a week.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also said to be pushing Ed Woodward for more signings as United ride a wave of excitement.

Follow ALL of the latest United news here…

  • ON MY SHEA-SO

    John O'Shea has suggested that United might want to think twice about bringing in a striker, if it means upsetting the balance of his front line.

    Mason Greenwood has emerged as a top striker in recent weeks and 2008 Champions League winner O'Shea has certainly been impressed with the teenager.

    The Irishman said: “He has a long way to go before he’s getting up to the [level of] Rooney, or Van Nistelrooy or Solskjaer, but, he is on the right track.

    “Look, if he can maintain that and making sure at the moment Ole is picking him in the team, he might be changing their mind about the transfer targets as well.

    “If you bring in a striker, do you upset the balance at the moment with the three of Martial, Rashford and Greenwood?”

  • NEEDS CONVINCING

    Jadon Sancho is ‘not 100 per cent convinced’ joining United is the right step for his career, according to reports in Germany.

    It appears that Ruhr Nachtrichten were briefed after their interview with Michael Zorc last week.

    And they suggest he is waiting to see if United qualify for next season’s Champions League.

    Zorc said: “It would be naive to say that we are completely independent of how the situation will turn out. If there were a transfer, it would also have a certain economic dimension.

    “But we can very well imagine going into next season with Jadon, because he simply delivers sporting wise. We’ll see everything else in the next few weeks.”

  • SMH

    Andreas Pereira got into a Twitter spat with two Manchester United fans after complaining about servers on a video game he was playing.

    The Belgian-born Brazilian attacking midfielder has seen his game time restricted at Old Trafford after the introduction of Bruno Fernandes.

    But he was in for a different kind of scrap on Twitter when replying to two 'fans' who were abusing him.

    Either way, the petulant argument doesn't look good for any of the people tweeting.

  • BREAKING – SANCHO ULTIMATUM

    Borussia Dortmund have warned Manchester United they must sign Jadon Sancho by August 10 or the deal is off, according to reports.

    The Bundesliga club are not willing to be embroiled in a transfer circus throughout the summer after slapping a £108million price-tag on the England winger.

    Sancho is one of United's top transfer targets as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer plots to add young, hungry talent to his squad.

  • RASH DECISION

    Mason Greenwood has been tipped to bench Marcus Rashford in the Man Utd team.

    “I think Phil [Neville] is right about playing him right in a wide berth,”former Tottenham and England boss Glen Hoddle told Premier League Productions.

    “Will he end up down the middle? Maybe, maybe not.

    “I think he will push Marcus Rashford out of the team. There’s a quote.

    “I think he will end up being a far better clinical finisher and in the end I think you’re going to have to put this lad in first ahead of anyone else.”

  • GOOD MORNING UNITED FANS

    The Red Devils have agreed a salary with Jadon Sancho in principal, according to the Transfer Window Podcast.

    Ian McGarry said: “Sancho has agreed in principal over the past two weeks a five year which will pay him an initial £140,000 per week.

    “But rising to £200,000 per week over the course of that deal.

    “The player’s agent Emeka Obasi has been busy doing deals, notably Saka’s new deal with Arsenal.

    “Manchester United have been briefing this week that they will not pay any more than 50m Euros for Jadon Sancho, which is half of Borussia Dortmund’s value for the player.”

    Meanwhile, Nemanja Matic has signed a new three-year Manchester United deal.

    His new contract will keep him at Old Trafford until June 2023.

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said: “I am delighted that Nemanja has signed a new contract, I know his experience, professionalism and leadership will be invaluable to this young talented group.

    “We have great strength in midfield and Nemanja’s attributes are a key part of that.

    “Nemanja has been here for three seasons now and really understands the values of playing for Manchester United.

    “He remains hugely ambitious and determined which will be vital as we look to achieve our aims over the coming years.”

    And Solskjaer is preparing to “challenge” Ed Woodward to spend big on the “right targets” this summer, according to reports.

    United are currently riding the crest of a wave, mounting a serious push for the top four having gone 16 games undefeated in all competitions.

    The latest of these matches saw them sweep Bournemouth aside 5-2 on Saturday, with stunning attacking performances from the likes of Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford.

    But according to the Standard, Red Devils boss Solskjaer is continuously reminding Woodward that he needs further reinforcements – with Jadon Sancho still on the agenda.

  • GREEN SHOOTS

    SunSport's Dave Kidd writes: “Many of you will have winced when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer compared Mason Greenwood favourably with a young Wayne Rooney.

    “Here we go again, a talented English kid scores a couple of bangers and is over-hyped to the skies.

    “Cool your boots, don’t over-burden him, you’ll build him up to knock him down and yada yada yada.

    “Yet unlike Rooney, Manchester United’s new sensation will not have to carry the weight of the nation’s hopes.

    “He is part of a generation of technically gifted, versatile, intelligent young English footballers who have benefitted from a revolution in youth coaching over the past decade.

    “Greenwood — with eight Premier League goals this season, the same as Liverpool’s title-winning centre-forward Roberto Firmino — is a sublime prospect and Solskjaer certainly isn’t shy of telling us.

    “A kid capable of playing anywhere in the front three, of taking set-pieces with both feet, who scored from range with left and right in Saturday’s 5-2 gubbing of Bournemouth.

    “Yet there is no need to go all “new Pele” on Greenwood, not when he is far from the only English youngster to excel since football has restarted.

    “Greenwood will be in Southgate’s squad soon and there will be plenty of excitement about that. Why not? He’s a wonderful footballer and football is entertainment.

    “But we won’t need to inflate this kid with hot air. Not when he is one of so many.”

  • RACE FOR EUROPE

    Frank Lampard has admitted he is wary of the threat Manchester United pose to Chelsea's Champions League dream.

    He said: “The position we’re in means a lot is in our own hands, and that’s the main thing. When we train and when we prepare and when we play, the main thing is we focus on how we absolutely put out the best performance.

    “Manchester United are closest, they’re a very strong team, they’re in great form for a long period of time. They have got really good individual players. You have seen the momentum they have gained across their front three, all scoring, lots of goals.

    “They’re the biggest threat from behind, but this is the Premier League. It looks that way today, but it’s how each team finishes the season.”

  • DOR OPEN

    Andy Cole has backed Manchester United's move for Jadon Sancho.

    He told MUTV: “You’re always looking to bring in players.

    “There’s talk of Jadon Sancho coming in. Would he give Manchester United something different? Of course he would.

    “I’m not going to sit here and say, “Oh no, he’s not good enough!” because of course he’s good enough.

    “He’s got pace, he’s got the ability to go past players, score goals and create.”

  • RAK ON THE RADAR

    Manchester United are both on red alert after reports Barcelona will reduce Ivan Rakitic's transfer fee to enable a sale.

    The Catalan giants are willing to let the Croatian midfielder leave, but in order to avoid losing him on a free have slashed his asking price.

    Spanish newspaper Sport report the club are not hiding the fact that they are prepared to allow Rakitic to leave after he slipped down boss Quique Setien's pecking order.

    Barca bosses have no current plans to extend his deal and he is therefore on the market.

    The former Sevilla man is in no rush to quit the Nou Camp, however, and refused to leave in January when United previously came calling.

    But the Red Devils were thwarted by Rakitic's wife Raquel who wanted to remain in Catalonia.

  • SOL SEARCHING

    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is preparing to “challenge” Ed Woodward to spend big on the “right targets” this summer, according to reports.

    Manchester United are currently riding the crest of a wave, mounting a serious push for the top four having gone 16 games undefeated in all competitions.

    The latest of these matches saw them sweep Bournemouth aside 5-2 on Saturday, with stunning attacking performances from the likes of Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial and Marcus Rashford.

    But according to the Standard, Red Devils boss Solskjaer is continuously reminding Woodward that he needs further reinforcements – with Jadon Sancho still on the agenda.

    United have been heavily linked with the 20-year-old Borussia Dortmund forward all season.

    But things appeared to have cooled recently, when it was claimed that they would not pay more than £50million for the young England international.

  • BIG BOOTS TO PHIL

    Phil Neville's son Harvey has signed his first professional contract with Manchester United.

    The Old Trafford hero was one of the first to comment on his 18-year-old boy's Instagram post confirming the news of a one-year deal.

    View this post on Instagram

    Proud to have signed my first professional contract with @manchesterunited Thank you to all my family and coaches for their support👹

    A post shared byHarvey Neville (@harvey.neville) on

  • IRON BRU

    Bruno Fernandes has landed another award after his brilliant start to life at Manchester United.

    The Portuguese's counter-attack volley against Brighton has been named the club's goal of the month for June.

  • SHAW THING

    Luke Shaw claims that Manchester United are playing with more confidence now than they ever have during his six years at Old Trafford.

    He said: “Over the past years, it hasn't always been the most exciting and we have not always played as well as I feel like we are at the moment – especially in my time here.

    “This is the most confident [we have felt]. Around the training ground and on the pitch now, the confidence is so high and we are going into games now full of belief.

    “A big turning point was going 1-0 down [against Bournemouth] the other day. In recent times we would have struggled with getting results, but I think that is a sign that we are going in the right direction.

    “Of course we are very happy with how things are going but of course there is still room for improvement we all believe.”

  • EAGLES SWOOP

    Exclusive by Robert Grieve: Crystal Palace are plotting a £25million swoop for Manchester United target Odsonne Edouard.

    The Eagles are long-time admirers of Hoops hero French Eddy, with their scouts watching him in action throughout last season.

    And SunSport understands Palace are now weighing up an ambitious move to see if they can tempt the Scottish champions to part with their best player.

    Celtic have made it clear the prolific striker is NOT for sale ahead of their historic ten-in-a-row bid.

  • BBC NO1

    Southampton's shock win over Manchester City was the most-watched live Premier League game on TV of all time.

    A record 5.7million tuned into the BBC's coverage of the game at St Mary's on Sunday evening.

    It was just the third Premier League game the BBC have broadcasted live after acquiring rights for four matches as part of the season restart.

    And with the channel readily available to all, viewers tuned in to catch a surprise result.

    With Gary Lineker joined in the studio by Alan Shearer and Micah Richards, the 5.7m peak audience eclipsed the previous record held by Sky Sports – set on June 21 as Everton and Liverpool played out a 0-0 draw.

    That Merseyside derby drew in 5.5m at its peak with an average of 5m across Sky Sports and Freeview channel Pick.

    Southampton's win over City followed Bournemouth's home defeat to Crystal Palace on the returning weekend and Everton's narrow victory at Norwich which were both shown on the BBC.

  • BOSSING IT

    Sir Alex Ferguson looked in good health as he donned a face mask while filling up his motor at an M&S petrol station in Cheshire.

    The Manchester United icon has made the most of lockdown by pumping weights and exercising every morning.

    Sir Alex Ferguson looks in good health as Man Utd legend fills up his car at M&S petrol station in a mask

  • “After going a goal behind on Saturday, they did not panic because now they have players — in particular that awesome foursome — capable of breaking down a very compact, tight and narrow defence.

    “Aside from the sheer excitement and joy such attacking flair and commitment brings for United fans, what perhaps hasn’t been picked up is how much Ole wants his team to be high pressing.

    “And that is something he has emphasised time and time again when we have spoken.

    “Against Bournemouth, just before Greenwood scored his outstanding second goal, every single outfield United player was well into their opponents half.

    “Eddie Howe’s men just couldn’t get out because the press was so high.

    “As good as United’s attacking football has been since the resumption, they are hugely impressive with their pressing as well.”

  • “But the beauty of those four players is they can interchange.

    “Rashford can go to the centre-forward position and Martial is happy to go to the left-hand side.

    “Greenwood is equally good with his left and right foot — and you have Fernandes pulling the strings.

    “It’s so difficult for a defender to play against them because the likelihood is at some point you are going to come up against every single one of those players — and Rashford, Martial and Greenwood also have tremendous pace.

    “Against Bournemouth, Greenwood’s first goal was with his left foot on the left-hand side, his second goal was with his right foot and he was on the right-hand side, and Martial scored from the left-hand side.

    “When United were at their best, the worst thing you could do was score against them early — it seemed to get them angry.

    “What we have seen in recent seasons is that if United conceded early, they struggled to get back into the game and break down the opposition…

  • DANNY HIGGINBOTHAM

    SunSport's football expert writes: “You have to go back to the glory days of Sir Alex Ferguson to recall when Manchester United last had such an awesome attacking foursome.

    “In all competitions this season Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Mason Greenwood have 61 goals and 24 assists between them.

    “Rashford and Martial already have 20 goals apiece. The last time that happened was in 2011 with Dimitar Berbatov and Javier Hernandez.

    “I’ve spoken to boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on numerous occasions and he’s never deviated from the path he wanted to take.

    “This has not happened by fluke — and it is always great to see a team evolving into what the manager wanted.

    “He deserves so much credit for the improvement he’s got out of the players and the freedom he’s given them.

    “All the team bring out the best of the players behind them or in front of them.

    “The front four are set up with Rashford on the left, Fernandes the No 10 in the middle, Greenwood on the right and Martial as a centre-forward…

  • SMALL PROBLEM

    Manchester United's on loan defender Chris Smalling is facing a spell on the sidelines.

    The England centre-back has picked up a muscle injury while playing for Roma in Serie A.

    He has shone since swapping Manchester for Rome last summer, scoring twice in 32 games.

    Rumours persist that he could make the move permanent after club bosses were thought to be impressed with him.

  • JUAN LAST TANGO?

    Juan Mata has reportedly thrown the door open to a move to Turkish side Fenerbahce as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer plots a mass clear-out.

    The Spanish midfielder has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford since the arrival of Bruno Fernandes in January.

    The 32-year-old has clocked up 20 starts in total this season, but 12 of those have come in cup competitions.

    And the partnership between Fernandes and Pogba, which has been bubbling away since football’s restart, could push Mata even closer to the exit door.

    According to Turkish outlet Sansursuz Futbol, the 32-year-old is “eager” to leave United and is interested in Super Lig outfit Fenerbahce.

  • MAND FOR HIRE

    Mario Mandzukic has become a free agent after terminating his contract with Al-Duhail.

    The former Juventus and Bayern Munich striker was linked with a move to Manchester United in the winter window but instead moved to Qatar.

    However, after just just seven months and as many games played Mandzukic announced his stint in the Middle East is over.

    He tweeted: “I reached an agreement with Al-Duhail management to terminate my contract by mutual consent.

    “I appreciate the trust and hospitality that I have received in Qatar and I wish the best to the club and the team in future.”

    Mandzukic was frozen out of the Juve picture earlier in the season with manager Maurizio Sarri refusing to play him.

  • KOUL MILLIONS

    Napoli would accept an initial payment of £40million for Kalidou Koulibaly, with a final fee of £54m to £63m being targeted by chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis.

    Manchester City, Liverpool and United have all looked at the Senegal star in the past, after he told the Serie A club he wants to leave.

    But according to the Transfer Window Podcast, he could be available for a reasonable cash sum.

    They claim that De Laurentiis was asking for £100m+ before the coronavirus lockdown kicked in.

  • 'LOVE IT BRO'

    Nemanja Matic received some serious compliments of David De Gea after pulling up to Carrington in his suit to sign his new contract.

    The Serbian, 31, has extended his stay at Old Trafford until 2023.

    De Gea said: “Love it, love it bro.”

Source: Read Full Article