Rock ‘n’ roll music influenced many current and classic rock bands. With it growing up from the race records and folk/country music, it launched many stars into the fame stratosphere. Singers like Elvis Presley and Chuck Berry became some of the most famous singers of all time thanks to their rock ‘n’ roll roots.
There are various types of rock ‘n’ roll, with it starting to grow in around 1955.
From there, various bands and singers took on the genre, and it continued to grow and change, as many musical genres do.
By the early 1960s it had begun to die out, and singers were moving on to new genres as well as going off to do non music-related endeavours.
Here are some of the best rock ‘n’ roll questions to include in your next pub quiz.
Rock ‘n’ roll quiz questions
1. What was the name of Chuck Berry’s first big hit in 1955, which is considered one of the first ever rock ‘n’ roll songs?
2. Rock Around The Clock is an early rock ‘n’ roll song made famous in 1954 by which band, who saw the song go to Number One in the UK and the USA?
3. Which rock ‘n’ roll music label gave an unknown Elvis Presley his first deal?
4. Rock ‘n’ roll pianist Jerry Lee Lewis is known by which nickname?
5. The Fat Man is regarded as one of the first ever million-selling record in the rock ‘n’ roll genre – who sang it?
6. What is the full name of rock ‘n’ roll singer Little Richard?
7. How old was rock ‘n’ roll legend Buddy Holly when he did in a plane crash?
- Robert Downey Jnr: Why Iron Man star played Sir Elton in music video
8. In what year were The Beatles formed?
9. What was the name of Elvis Presley’s first single after he left Sun Records and moved to RCA Victor in January 1956?
10. Be-Bop Baby is the 1957 single and debut from which rock ‘n’ roll star, who died in a plane crash less than 30 years later?
11. Paul McCartney once claimed if one particular rock ‘n’ roll star didn’t exist, ‘there would be no Beatles.’ Who is that singer?
12. Which two types of rock ‘n’ roll music became famous throughout the 1950s, before it declined in the 1960s?
13. In what year did Elvis Presley die?
14. What was the name of Johnny Cash’s rockabilly backing band?
15. For what reason did rock ‘n’ roll singer Little Richard retire from music in 1957, only to return five years later?
- Beatles Rolling Stone FEUD: Why Mick Jagger was ‘jealous’ of Beatles
Rock ‘n’ roll quiz answers
2. Bill Haley & His Comets
3. Sun Records
4. The Killer
5. Fats Domino
6. Richard Penniman
9. Heartbreak Hotel
10. Rick/Ricky Nelson
11. Carl Perkins
12. Doo-wop and rockabilly
14. The Tennessee Three
15. To become a preacher and study theology
Source: Read Full Article