Get a daily dose of showbiz gossip straight to your inbox with the Daily Star’s FREE newsletter
Mark Wright says he feels “so, so lucky” after doctors declared him cancer-free.
The former TOWIE star posted a video on Instagram, saying: “I got the news the other day that it is all clear.”
Mark, 34, who has spent the past two weeks recovering from the removal of a tumour in his armpit, added: “It’s cancer free. It’s in the past. We move on.
“This is the first longish walk I have been on since the operation so the first bit of exercise I have been able to do and honestly already my head is clear.”
He added: “I’ve had the worry and the anxiety of what this could have been and leaving me feeling a little bit low and not very motivated.”
Mark, who is married to former Corrie actress Michelle Keegan, also 34, said the tumour had been sent off for further testing before doctors gave him the all-clear.
He said: “January 1, I will be recovered from this fully.
“I’m still a little bit sore but I will be back in the game.’’
Earlier this month, the former Strictly star shared the "tough" update with his online followers.
Mark wrote: "Ok, it’s been a tough call whether or not to speak about this."
Next to a shirtless snap in which he put his hand behind his head, he went on: "One part of me wants to keep something like this private and the other part is thinking, if I can help/potentially save one person, well… this is the right thing to do.
"So here goes. I discovered a lump in my breast/armpit area. Not very big, but enough to cause concern and to be cautious enough to get it checked.
"I saw a doctor who passed it on as 'a fatty lump that doesn’t need any treatment' so I just left it."
However he wasn't happy with that and went back for more checks, with a specialist making the decision to remove it.
For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here .
- Mark Wright
Source: Read Full Article