Who said Easter was over? Creme egg fans are snapping up the treat for as little as 16p EACH as shops slash the price of their leftover chocolate
- Supermarkets are offering dramatic reductions on seasonal chocolate this week
- Lidl selling five-packs of Creme Eggs for 82p, making them just over 16p each
- Bargain hunters spotted Mini Eggs on sale for 49p and Dairy Milk eggs for 50p
If you’ve just polished off your stash of Easter chocolate and are keen to replenish your stocks, now is the time.
Supermarkets have slashed the prices of their seasonal treats this week, with bargain hunters spying Cadbury Creme Eggs on sale for as little as 16p each.
Lidl is selling five-packs of the Easter favourite for 82p, reduced from £1.85, making them just over 16p per egg.
Savvy shoppers also spied bags of Mini Eggs on sale for 49p – a 50 per cent discount from their usual price of £1 in many stores.
Lidl is selling five-packs of the Easter favourite for 82p, reduced from £1.85, making them just over 16p per egg
Savvy shoppers also spied bags of Mini Eggs on sale for 49p – a 50 per cent discount from their usual price of £1 in many stores
You can also scoop up a bargain when it comes to snack-sized treats. Maltesers Mini Bunnies and Galaxy Golden Eggs are now 49p as opposed to 99p to Aldi
Other great Easter chocolate deals were found in supermarkets Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Aldi and Waitrose, reports Money Saving Expert.
If you can’t resist a bit of novelty-shaped chocolate, small Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons Easter eggs were spotted on sale for 50p at Waitrose, having previously cost £1, while large Easter eggs including Creme Egg, Twirl, Wispa and Mars were down from £3 to £1.50 at Asda.
If you’re really wanting to spoil yourself, a Ferrero Rocher large egg now costs £4, reduced from £8 at Asda.
You can also scoop up a bargain when it comes to snack-sized treats. Maltesers Mini Bunnies and Galaxy Golden Eggs are now 49p as opposed to 99p to Aldi.
If you’re a sucker for Lindt chocolate, the brand’s Lindor egg which contains their signature mouthwatering truffles is now half price, down to £4 from £8 at Tesco.
This Kit Kat Chunky Easter egg with a free mug was reduced to clear at Tesco, down from £4 to £2
Small Milkybar Easter eggs were reduced from £1 to just 50p in Sainsbury’s, making them a tempting treat
If you can’t resist a bit of novelty-shaped chocolate, small Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons Easter eggs were spotted on sale for 50p at Waitrose, having previously cost £1
The great Easter egg bargain bonanza
Cadbury mini Dairy Milk eggs – 50p (was £1)
Small Easter eggs including Dairy Milk and Milkybar – 50p (were £1)
Medium Easter eggs including Smarties/Aero/KitKat – 75p (were £1.50)
KitKat egg, bars and mug set – £2 (was £4)
Extra large Easter eggs including Mars and Galaxy – £3 (were £6)
Lindt Lindor egg and truffles – £4 (was £8)
Small Easter eggs including Disney and Milkybar – 50p (were £1)
Medium Easter eggs including Freddo and Maltesers – 62p (were £1.25)
Large Easter eggs including Oreo/Galaxy/Maltesers – £3 (were £4)
Galaxy giant egg (526g) – £5 (was £10)
Cadbury Creme Egg Twisted – 49p (was 99p)
Cadbury Creme Egg five-pack – 82p (was £1.65)
Mini Eggs – 50p (was £1)
Large Easter eggs including Creme Egg/Twirl/Wispa//Mars – £1.50 each (were £3)
Ferrero Rocher large egg – £4 (was £8)
Asda Extra Special Belgian chocolate egg – £2 (was £5)
Maltesers Mini Bunnies – 49p (was 99p)
Galaxy Golden Eggs – 49p (was 99p)
Aldi Choceur Eggjoyables – 99p (was £1.49)
Maltesers large egg – £1.49 (was £2.49)
We previously told how an eye-opening report revealed the most calorific eggs on the shelves, as well as the slightly less sinful choices – so that you can make an informed choice about indulging.
The research was carried out by diet guru Terri-Ann Nunns, who lost seven stone by creating her own weight loss plan which is now followed by more than 50,000 people.
The average person consumes three medium sized eggs each over the Easter period, which can really add up, considering the £12 Cadbury Chopped Nut Easter Egg contains an astonishing 2,977 calories – significantly more than the recommended daily average for women.
Other eggs that make the top of the list include two from Hotel Chocolat – although both are packed full of chocolatey treats, which push their calorie count up.
The full list of Easter Eggs – from most to least calories
- Cadbury Chopped Nut Easter Egg: 2,977 calories
- Hotel Chocolat Extra-Thick Easter Egg Rare & Vintage: 2,865 calories
- Cadbury XL Crème Egg Easter Egg: 2,459 calories
- Hotel Chocolat Extra-Thick Rocky Road To Caramel Egg: 2,300 calories
- M&M Peanut Luxury Easter Egg & Chocolate: 1,629 calories
- Waitrose Dark Chocolate Avocado Easter Egg: 1,620 calories
- Cadbury Wispa Gold Egg: 1,560 calories
- Snickers Milk Chocolate Large Easter Egg & Chocolate: 1,429 calories
- Lindt Lindor Egg & Truffles: 1,378 calories
- Nestle Kit Kat Bites Easter Egg & Chocolate: 1,338
- Nestle Aero Bubble Peppermint Easter Egg: 1,282 calories
- Smarties Orange Mini Egg Inside Egg: 1,260 calories
- Thornton’s Classic Chocolate Egg: 1,148 calories
- Lion Bar Retro Easter Egg: 1,029 calories
- Rolo Medium Easter Egg: 720 calories
- Mars Medium Easter Egg and Chocolate: 703 calories
- Cadbury Mini Eggs Medium Egg: 696 calories
- M&M’s Choco Medium Egg: 691 calories
- Malteser Milk Chocolate Easter Egg and Chocolate: 661 calories
- Cadbury Freddo Faces Medium Egg: 653 calories
- Kinder Surprise Easter Egg: 579 calories
- Hotel Chocolat Milk Chocolate Bunny: 565 calories
- Nestle Smarties Chicken in an Easter Egg: 535 calories
- Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons Small Easter Egg: 392 calories
- Malteser Mini Milk Egg & Bunny: 421 calories
- Milkybar Small Easter Egg: 392 calories
- Lindt Medium Gold Bunny: 1,100 calories
- Cadbury Egg & Spoon Oreo: 764 calories
- Cadbury Mini Eggs: 444 calories
- Kinder Milk Chocolate & Hazelnut Mini Eggs: 437 calories
- Creme Egg: 177 calories
- Malteaster Bunny: 156 calories
Source: Read Full Article