CYBER Monday is always the Monday after Black Friday – and as the name suggests it's about the offers online.
It's considered one of the final opportunities in the shopping calendar to snap up incredible deals on laptops, TVs, fashion clothing, kitchen appliances and more before the festive season.
Just because a product is in the Cyber Monday sale, doesn't mean you can find it, or something similar, cheaper elsewhere. Always shop around before you spend your money.
When is Cyber Monday 2021?
This year Cyber Monday is on November 29. The date follows Black Friday, which falls on November 26 – you can find out how to prepare for Black Friday 2021 in our guide.
Traditionally, Black Friday falls the day after Thanksgiving – an American holiday that takes place on the fourth Thursday in November.
Often retailers will keep their sale running throughout the weekend, so savvy shoppers have a bigger window of opportunity to bag some bargains.
In the UK Cyber Monday is considered to be one of the biggest internet shopping days of the year, as retailers pack their websites with oodles of offers.
What is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday was created by marketing companies to encourage people to shop online.
Hot on the heels of Black Friday, Cyber Monday is a day when retailers slash their prices online for 24 hours.
Customers often bookmark the products they have their eye on and set alarms for the exact moment the sales launch on each site.
With so much choice out there, it can be easy to pay more than you need to for a product while caught up in the shopping frenzy.
It's important to do your research, compare prices and be sure that you really are getting a good deal.
How to find the best deals Cyber Monday 2021?
It might be tempting to dive in and snap up LOADS of items on Cyber Monday, but here's how you can guarantee you are purchasing a genuine deal:
- Make a shopping list – Avoid impulse buying during the sale by planning exactly what you would like to buy in advance. You can also bookmark product pages on major retailer websites so you can easily track them down on the day.
- Do your research – Find the item you want to buy and then look for the cheapest price. Websites like PriceSpy and CamelCamelCamel give you historical data on prices so you can see the best deal.
- Get following – Follow your favourite shops on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and sign up to newsletters. We post the best deals in our Sun Money FB group too.
- Look for discount codes – Check Sun Vouchers to see if you can get an extra discount at your favourite retailers while the price reductions are running.
- Earn cashback – Check websites like TopCashback BEFORE you place your order. Cashback websites PAY you to shop. All you have to do is click through their links and the money is added to your online account, usually within 14 days.
Is Cyber Monday better than Black Friday?
Shopping on Cyber Monday does not necessarily mean you will be getting a better deal.
In fact, most retailers will continue to offer Black Friday deals through to Cyber Monday, extending the discounting for bargain hunters to take advantage of.
It's worth noting that in-demand items such as games consoles will be snapped up fast, and often these items sell out as soon as they launch on Black Friday.
So if you are after a coveted item, we advise you to get in their early on Black Friday rather than hold out until Cyber Monday.
The Best Black Friday Deals
To save you searching, we’re rounding up all the best Black Friday deals out there.
- Home and garden
- Food and alcohol
What retailers are set to take part in Cyber Monday 2021?
Here are a just a few of the major retailers that are set to offer deals during Cyber Monday.
- Amazon – An online retail giant, Amazon sells anything and everything you could possibly need from electronics to furniture. Read our Amazon guide here.
- Argos – Argos sells everything you could possibly want for your home. Read our Argos guide here.
- ASOS – The online fashion site caters for all your fashion and beauty needs, selling ASOS own-brand ranges alongside popular high street and premium brands. Read our ASOS guide here.
- Boots – Popular high street chain Boots is a great place to find top beauty and personal health items. Read our Boots guide here.
- Currys – Electronics giant Currys takes part in Black Friday and Cyber Monday every year and is bound to slashed thousands of prices. Read our Currys guide here.
- Cult Beauty – The online beauty retailer stocks high end brands like Charlotte Tilbury alongside low-cost skincare companies like The Ordinary. Read our Cult Beauty guide here.
- eBay – Online marketplace eBay usually offers a wide range of discounts on Cyber Monday for shoppers to take advantage of. Read our eBay guide here.
- John Lewis – This high street favourite usually has discounts across all departments, with savings on designer handbags, furniture and tech. Read our John Lewis guide here.
- Marks & Spencer – M&S usually have deals available across all ranges, from fashion and beauty, to home and furniture. Read our M&S guide here.
- Selfridges – Upmarket department store Selfridges is one to watch if you are looking for designer bargains during Cyber Monday. Read our Selfridges guide here.
- Very – Pick up Cyber Monday discounts across top brands at Very, with deals across all categories including tech and fashion. Read our Very guide here.
Find out what’s the difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday and which day is best to get deals and discounts?
Check out our predictions for Amazon's huge Black Friday 2021 sale – and how to snap up the best deals.
If you're planning to pick up some tech or electrical appliances, here's what Black Friday deals you can expect from Currys this year.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Source: Read Full Article