Mumsnet has revealed the top 10 worst baby names and reasons why parents would never choose them for their children, according to an online poll.
While tastes in baby names change from year to year – it seems some names are more of a no-go than others.
Certain monikers on the list are actually fairly common names, while others are obviously pretty unpopular – given their connotations.
In fact, two of the names that made the cut actually appeared on the list of the most popular girls names for 2018.
The Mumsnet list was revealed after the parenting site posted the question ‘What would you never name a child and why?’
And people had some very strong opinions.
Some of the names were associated with rude words, while others were said to be more suited to pets as opposed to children.
1. Mia – Because it means “missing in action”
2. Lana – As spelled backwards, it looks rather rude
3. Fanny – “For obvious reasons”
4. Grace – Because “there are very few accents that say it gracefully”
5. Amelia – As one mum "find(s) the ‘me’ so whiney”
6. Graham – As “it sounds like ‘Grey Ham’”
7. Flora – One mum admitted: “(it) makes me think of bacteria”
8. Alexa – Because it sounds too much like the virtual assistant
9. Mercedes – A parent joked: “She’s a child not a car”
10. Luna – Because "it’s a pet name"
As we approached the end of 2018, baby name trends revealed the most popular girls name was Olivia, the same as last year, followed by Sophia, Emelia and Lily.
For boys, Muhammad topped the list followed by Oliver, Noah and Harry.
There were number of new additions to both lists this year, including Victoria, Eden, Jasper and Louis.
Despite the Duchess of Sussex’s popularity, Megan has dropped out of the list along with Levi, Ahmad, Madison and Hallie.
Source: Read Full Article