This Morning: Holly and Phil celebrate St Patrick's Day ￼
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
St Patrick’s Day is a celebration of Ireland’s patron saint, and a bank holiday in the country, as well as celebrated around the world. Typically green is worn, and festivals and parades held around the world. While you still may be able to don green on Wednesday, the coronavirus pandemic has meant pubs and restaurants are closed, and people cannot gather to celebrate as usual.
Lockdown rules are still in effect across the UK and Ireland, meaning the usual St Patrick’s Day celebrations will not be taking place.
However, all is not lost, with the ease of video calls you can still celebrate with your loved ones this St Patrick’s Day.
Whether you’re ringing to share a Guinness, dressing up for the occasion or just saying hello, one way to spend time with your friends and family is a quiz.
So put your Irish knowledge to the test with the ultimate St Patrick’s Day quiz below. Good Luck!
Read More: Biden made ‘orange’ joke to Irish Taoiseach in St Patrick’s Day gaffe
1. What is the official symbol of Ireland?
2. People traditionally wear green on St. Patrick’s Day to avoid what?
a) Bad luck
b) Getting pinched
c) Losing money
3. What nationality was St Patrick?
4. Worldwide, how many pints of Guinness are typically drunk on St Patrick’s Day?
a) One million
b) 18 million
c) One billion
d) 13 million
4. What did St. Patrick believe a shamrock represented?
5. Which spirit goes into an Irish coffee?
6. Where are St Patrick’s remains said to be located?
7. Which river flows through the centre of Dublin?
8. Why is St Patrick’s Day on March 17?
9. A traditional Irish stew contains which meat?
10. How many times has Ireland won Eurovision?
11. How is St Patrick said to have got to Ireland?
12. Where is St Patrick’s Mountain?
13. Which colour was originally associated with St Patrick?
14. Which animal did St Patrick chase out of Ireland, according to legend?
15. Which Irish city’s name translates from Irish Gaelic into English as ‘dark pool’?
16. What does the circle at the very centre of a Celtic cross represent?
17. Which traditional musical instrument is used as a logo by Guinness?
18. What gives the Purple Mountains in Kerry their colour?
19. If you were eating a boxty, what would this be?
20. In which city is Guinness brewed?
21. Which popular Irish comedy took place on the fictional Craggy Island?
22. What was St Patrick’s real name?
23. Where does the Home of Saint Patrick Festival take place?
24. Which city famously dyes their river green on St Patrick’s Day?
25. According to legend, what should you never do if you catch a Leprechaun?
Melania Trump stuns in patterned dress St Patrick's Day event
26. Which three colours make up the Irish flag?
27. What does “Erinn go brach“ mean?
28. Which is the only Caribbean island to have St Patrick’s Day as a Government holiday?
29. What were forced to be closed on St Patrick’s Day in Ireland until the 1970s?
30. In which year was St Patrick’s Day first made into a bank holiday for Ireland?
2. b) Getting pinched
3. a) Scottish
4. d) 13 million
5. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit – otherwise known as the Holy Trinity
6. Down Cathedral, Downpatrick
7. River Liffey
8. The believed date of St Patrick’s death
11. He was kidnapped by pirates
12. Saul, Co Down
13. a) Blue
16. The sun
19. An Irish potato cake
21. Father Ted
22. Maewyn Succat
25. Take your eyes off him
26. Orange, White and Green
27. Ireland forever
Source: Read Full Article