Diners were left screaming in horror after a huge rat caused chaos as it ran around a busy restaurant.
The rodent was caught running through The Ramore restaurant in Portrush, Belfast – and was even captured scuttling up one woman's leg.
One diner described how the rat was running across tables and even managed to clamber onto the ceiling.
Both staff and diners were said to be left in total shock as they franticly tried to capture the creature, reports Belfast Live .
Stephen Houston, 26, was with a group of friends in the waterside eatery and said a man who looked like housekeeping appeared with two brooms in his hand.
He said: "We noticed in the corner there were a few people chatting and pointing and a woman had her phone out filming something so a mate of mine just called over to a fella and asked him, 'what's going on, what's happening' and he kind of just said and pointed back at it that 'there's a rat up there'.
"So there was a rat high up on the table, they kind of use sack cloth like covering for the roof in the booth area and the rat was up in there.
"I wasn't able to see it then but my mate looked over and he kind of screamed a wee bit because he saw this long tail hanging down.
"The next thing we knew a fella came over, not sure who he was, but he looked like maybe housekeeping staff and he had two brushes in hand."
Stephen said there were around 25-30 people in the small area at the time, with many screaming in fear as it ran near them.
He posted a short but horrifying clip on social media, showing the rat run up a woman's leg before she kicks it away.
Another diner, on Twitter as @ajrwallace ended up with the rat on her lap.
She posted the clip to Twitter, showing the rat's tail dangling downwards as it ran onto her lap.
Captioning the clip, she wrote: "@RamorePortrush rat victim. I'm the blonde haired girl with the rat on my lap at 0.16"
Some social media users were jokingly rebranding the restaurant 'Ratmore' as opposed to Ramore.
Stephen added: "The rat dropped to the ground and immediately starts running and they lost sight of the rat for a couple of minutes, they weren't sure where it had gone to and then they moved a couple of tables and things to see if it was behind one of those when it sprinted out and came towards our table.
"It came under my chair first and I felt it come up on the back of my leg and I kind of just kicked it off and it got trapped under the table a bit, then got stuck under my friend Alex's chair.
At that point a man came up to her and was like, 'Mam, can you please move there's a rat at your feet' and she moved out of the way and you can see in the video they pull it back and the rat ends up trapped under the chair by it's tail and they come in with the brushes and just stomp on it.
"I heard a few people shout, 'Get the door open, get the door open' and there was a door there but obviously when it was trapped and it was just stomped on there was a big reaction in the room.
"I still can't believe it happened in front of 25 to 30 customers. Everyone just stood watching including kids, that was just madness."
Stephen said staff at the restaurant had the rat trapped and believed it could easily have been freed outside.
Following the incident, his party were moved to a new table and refunded their meals.
He said: "The staff were genuinely in shock. Eventually then we were taken and moved to another end of the restaurant to a new table. We had already paid and ordered so they refunded our meal and brought out fresh plates and desserts.
"We only had a couple of moments, I think it was with the General Manager, who came down and said, 'look guys, sorry this has happened. Obviously this is very irregular, we hope it doesn't put you off coming back'.
"He said he had been there for years and it had never happened before. He looked stunned, and I did feel for the staff as I did work in a cafe before and I would have had no idea how to handle that. It was a crazy night."
Both Mirror Online and Belfast Live have attempted to contact The Ramore for a comment.
A council spokesman said: "Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council is aware of this incident and Environmental Health Officers are currently investigating."
Top news stories from Mirror Online
Source: Read Full Article