Walking has many benefits, including preventing and managing various conditions, including heart disease and high blood pressure.
But walking can also help you burn calories and slash body fat.
In fact, the NHS recommends to power walk for at least 10 minutes a day.
When it comes to walking for weight loss, picking the right technique can be the trick to slashing body fat.
Below Michael has provided his top tips on perfecting the Scandi technique:
1. You need to make sure the poles are right for your body height.
When holding the pole out vertically with your arm close to your body your elbow should be at a 90-degree angle.
2. For technique you should make contact with the ground with the heel, then roll on to the ball of the foot, which reduces pressure on joints.
3. Gently push off your toes with each step.
4. Take long strides which feel natural to your body.
5. Lean forward slightly from your ankles.
6. Drive your poles into the ground between your front and back foot when you stride.
7. Be sure to keep your shoulders down and relaxed to avoid tension.
8. Increase speed to burn more calories by increasing the strength of your push off from your toes.
Then quicken the pace of your arm swing to get more power.
Source: Read Full Article