Wondering what to make for lunch?
The vegan Cheatball Marinara Sub by BOSH! chefs Henry Firth and Ian Theasby will sink any hunger pangs.
‘This is how to make a quick and healthy marinara sub,’ they say. ‘You could even use veggie sausage slices, if you are in a pinch!’
Makes: Two large subs
- 1 onion
- ½ fennel bulb
- ½ fresh red chilli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp lazy garlic or ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 8 shop-bought vegan meatballs
- 1 x 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp sugar
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 roasted red peppers from a jar
- 60g dairy-free Cheddar cheese
- 60ml unsweetened plant- based milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- handful of chives
- 1 tsp English mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 sub baguettes, about 30cm each
- plant-based butter
- frying pan (on a medium heat)
- small saucepan
Prepare the meatballs
Make the cheese sauce
Speedy BOSH! by Henry Firth and Ian Theasby is out now (HQ, HarperCollins) at WH Smith.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected]
How to get your Metro newspaper fix
Metro newspaper is still available for you to pick up every weekday morning or you can download our app for all your favourite news, features, puzzles… and the exclusive evening edition!
Download the Metro newspaper app for free on App Store and Google Play
Source: Read Full Article