The weekend is almost here which means it’s time to start indulging on sweet treats.
While you can purchase chocolate chip cookies at any supermarket or bakery across the country, making them at home is so much more fun.
If you have young kids or grandkids staying with you this weekend, Jamie Oliver’s “super easy” recipe is perfect for getting them started with baking.
Jamie said: “You can’t beat a good homemade cookie. These ones are soft, chewy, delicious, and really simple to make.”
The recipe makes a whopping 20 cookies so you’ll definitely be your family’s favourite when you make them.
READ MORE: Recipe for the ‘perfect’ omelette – avoid key ingredient making it ‘unpleasant’
- 100 g unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 125 g golden caster sugar
- One large free-range egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 g self-raising flour
- One pinch of fine sea salt
- 100 g quality chocolate, (use a mixture of milk and dark, if you like)
Really easy chocolate cake recipe takes just 20 minutes to make[RECIPE]
Save half an avocado so it doesn’t go brown – ‘fresh deliciousness'[HACK]
Royal chef shares Princess Diana’s ‘favourite’ meal she ate 2-3 times a week[INSIDER]
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC/325ºF/gas three. Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
2. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until the mix is pale and creamy. Carefully crack in the egg, add the vanilla and mix thoroughly. Sift in and fold through the flour and salt. Chop and stir the chocolate into the doughy mix.
3. Use tablespoons to divide the dough and roll them into balls, then place them onto the lined trays. Cover and leave to chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
4. Use your fingers to slightly flatten the balls, then place in the hot oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
Keep an eye on the time because you don’t want to overcook your cookies. (make sure you don’t overdo them – the chewier the better). Leave them to cool fully. Serve with a cup of tea or coffee – perfect if you’re hosting.
Alternatively, try this recipe for “the simplest biscuits you will ever bake” – they take just 10 minutes to prepare.
Source: Read Full Article