You might think gingerbread is just for Christmas but with some decorative twists, it’s perfect to make with kids for Halloween too.
You can used traditional gingerbread people cutters and just round shapes, but decorate with skeletons and spider webs instead, or add some white teeth to the face to create Dracula biscuits.
This recipe, from Carr’s Flour, is really easy with just six steps and the ingredients are hopefully things you have in the storecupboard.
- 175g dark muscovado sugar
- 85g golden syrup
- 100g butter
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 350g plain flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- Icing pens or an icing bag and icing sugar
- Any gory or goolish decorations!
Do you have an easy recipe to share?
Get in touch at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article