Do you have caster sugar, self-raising flour and a tin of condensed milk lying around the house?
Well, then grab it all – you’ve got all the ingredients needed to make dessert for the whole of next week (depending on how many you can eat in one sitting of course).
An Instagram baker has shown how you can create 100 cookies out of just four humble ingredients, and the treats don’t even take that long to throw together.
Australian food blogger Bake Play Smile shared the recipe on their blog showing how you can make the biscuits in less than half an hour.
And you can decorate the cookies with whatever flavours you like, freezing the rest of the dough for whenever your heart desires.
Here’s how to make them…
Easy cookie recipe with just four ingredients
- 500g butter
- ¾ cup (170g) caster sugar
- 395g sweetened condensed milk
- 5 cups (750g) self-raising flour
- your choice of flavours/add ins
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Grease and line baking trays and set aside (use as many as will fit in your oven)
- Cream the room temperature butter and caster sugar together with handheld beaters or a stand mixer until light, creamy and fluffy
- Add the condensed milk and beat through
- Add 1 cup of self-raising flour and beat through. Add another cup of self-raising flour and beat through. Continue until all five cups have been mixed through.
- Divide the cookie dough between bowls and flavour each however you’d like
- Roll into teaspoon-sized balls and place onto the prepared baking trays
- Press down lightly with a fork
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the baking trays before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article