THERE'S a wide range of face mask designs and styles now available in stores, but there's one that shoppers just can't enough of.
Home Bargains is selling a Friends-inspired covering for just £1.99 and fans are desperate to snap one up.
Wearing a face mask is now compulsory in the UK when you're travelling on public transport — as well as when you're visiting shops and other enclosed areas.
While you can certainly buy a box of disposable masks,and chuck it after every use, they're bad for the environment, and let's face it, they aren't very stylish.
Perhaps for these reasons, or others,the bargain face mask from the purse-friendly store is proving popular online and it's perfect for fans of the much loved sitcom.
An eagle-eyed shopper alerted other bargain-hunters of the find by sharing it in the Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK Facebook group.
He simply wrote: "Friends face masks £1.99 in homebargains."
But he didn't need to say much else as the post has since racked up 1.5k likes and thousands more comments from people tagging their friends and family.
"OMG I need some of these," one person declared.
And another said: "I just saw this im going to go tomorrow i need one."
Do face masks protect against coronavirus?
- Wearing masks may reduce the risk of spreading the virus but it won't stop someone from catching it.
- They are far less effective if not worn and fitted properly as they will not be able to form a seal and filtration
- If you buy or make your own cloth mask they can be reused if you wash it thoroughly at over 60C
- The general rule is to wear a face mask when you are out in public, in areas that could involve coming into contact with other people, like public transport, exercising in urban areas, popping to the shops or walking the dog.
- Some scientists have argued that while masks are not guaranteed to stop someone catching the bug, they could lessen the spread if someone is infectious
- Others say that it could make people complacent, giving them a false sense of security and risk further spread as people forget social distancing and hand washing measures.
While it's not known what material the mask is made from, or what features it has, a simple face covering is all you need according to government guidelines.
While no mask can guarantee you not catching the virus, it willhelp avoid the spread of infectious airborne particles.
We previously shared how B&M are selling reusable face masks – and they’re only £2.50.
And these are the best designer face masks to buy from £12 – from Adidas to Kurt Geiger and Reformation.
Plus we shared how to help your kids wear face masks and why using their favourite cartoon could be key.
Source: Read Full Article