PLUS-SIZE model Hunter McGrady couldn't find a sexy swimsuit which flattered her curves – so she designed her own instead.
The 2018 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit star teamed up with lingerie brand Playful Promises to create an inclusive swimwear line that flaunts fuller figures instead of covering them up.
- Red wrap bikini set, £37.50 from Playful Promises – buy now
Spotting a gap in the market, the 25-year-old model designed the plus-size range because "most brands in the plus market tend to think that coverage is key."
Like many women, Hunter said that she has never enjoyed swimwear shopping, especially as plus-size companies favour frumpy and "dated" styles.
She said: “I’ve never found the perfect piece for my body,”
Either it wouldn't fit well, didn't provide the support she needed or the swimming costume was designed to cover her up completely.
- Mesh Insert Swimsuit, £50 from Playful Promises – buy now
- White Lace Panel Swimsuit, £50 from Playful Promises – buy now
- High Shine Bikini, £37.50 from Playful Promises – buy now
In designing her line, McGrady wanted to give women from sizes 18 to 24 a chance to show a little skin.
She added: “Every woman should have the opportunity to feel sexy and confident.”
- White lace bikini set, £37.50 from Playful Promises – buy now
- Sequin bikini set, £32.50 from Playful Promises – buy now
- High Neck Lace Swimsuit, £50 from Playful Promises – buy now
Having previously modelled for Playful Promises, Hunter said:“Their message of body positivity at every size . . . couldn’t be more on point with how I feel."
From the sweet to the sexy, Hunter's swimwear line consists of 10 one-pieces and five bikinis with prices ranging from £25 to £50.
Swimwear campaign praised for using models of all sizes and ditching the photoshop.
Belted one-pieces could be the most flattering swimwear trend ever… here's where to buy the best from £9.99.
Primark's summer range includes an £8 wicker beach bag and cute yellow T-shirt… and we want everything.
Source: Read Full Article