THOUGH the name Best Kebab suggests a top notch takeaway, the reputation of the aforementioned Glasgow eatery represents everything but.
Officially the city’s lowest rated dining spot on TripAdvisor, people often record their pilgrimage to the infamous sit-in shop as well as their reaction to the notorious grub.
Labelled a “bio weapons lab” by previous customers who went to great pains describing the explosive effects of the food on their bowels, it doesn’t sound like the sort of place somebody would travel hundreds of miles to sample.
But that’s exactly what one social media start decided to do this week.
TikTok favourite MC (m.combe07), who has nearly 150k followers, visited the takeaway, on Dundas Street behind Queen Street Station, and immediately regretted his move.
His video showed a broken window, grim looking ‘out of order’ toilet and a lack of hygiene certificate on the window – though an online search showed one from 2019.
But it was the smell that seriously put him of his food – an order of chicken shish kebab, chips and a can of Irn Bru.
He said: “The inside looks so dead. It looks so wickedly.
“Oh my days, the smell is so crazy. On my life, this really might be the worst smell I’ve smelt in a food shop in my life.
“I can’t lie, I probably was going to eat in here but this smell might actually knock a man out.
Most read in Fabulous
Shocking moment car flips over & ploughs into path of mum pushing child in pram
Ruth Langsford breaks down in tears as she admits having her ‘heart ripped out’
GO WITH DIGNITY
TV legend Esther Rantzen, 83, may end life at Dignitas after cancer battle
Pete Wicks breaks silence on ‘bedding I’m A Celebrity wives’ after boozy nights
“If you think I was sitting in that shop and eating, you must underestimate the value that I have for my life.”
After leaving, he reviewed the food nearby and things didn’t get any better.
He added: “Why is it cold? Where is the flavour?
“This bread is too hard as well. Just look at it. This does not even look appetising, let alone taste it.
“That was probably the coldest piece of chicken.
“Even if you microwaved it, this is like you microwaved it for 25 business seconds.
“Best Kebab definitely not the best, possibly the worst.”
Those in the comments weren’t surprised that MC had such a bad experience.
One said: “I’ve managed to go my whole life without stepping foot in Best Kebab.
“There will be better kebab shops in hell man.”
Another wrote: “I bet that smell was from the blocked up toilet cause someone ate there and that was that.”
And a fan quipped: “Feel bad for you bro, whoever told you to go there wanted you to get food poisoning.
“Glad you went though, has a cult following for the wrong reasons.”
Source: Read Full Article