Tom Cruise beat UK government’s 14-day quarantine rule by touching down in the UK to start filming Mission Impossible sequel just HOURS before new coronavirus measures were enforced
- Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19
Tom Cruise reportedly managed to touch down in the UK just hours before the Government’s new self-isolating rules for those visiting the country came into play.
Anyone visiting the UK from abroad will now be forced to go through a period of 14 days in isolation in a bid to quell the spread of coronavirus, as of Monday.
The Hollywood actor, 57, reportedly landed at Biggin Hill airport outside of London on Sunday, and is therefore free to resume filming of the new Mission Impossible movie straight away.
Just in time: Tom Cruise has reportedly managed to touch down in the UK just hours before the Government’s new self-isolating rules for those visiting the country came into play
The new film is being recorded at an abandoned RAF base in rural Oxfordshire.
A source told The Sun: ‘It’s no accident Tom arrived on Sunday night — they didn’t want their leading man locked away on his own for 14 days.
‘There have already been so many delays to the film and everyone is keen to get it up and running at the first possible second – so slipping in before the quarantine rules came in on Monday made sense.’
Business as usual: The actor, 57, reportedly landed at Biggin Hill airport outside of London and can now go and resume filming of the new Mission Impossible movie
Tom reportedly flew for 11 hours from Clearwater, Florida, and is renting a luxury flat in London.
He is said to be using a helicopter to get to and from set during filming breaks.
The latest Mission Impossible film is the seventh instalment and has been significantly delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic when its Venice film set was shut by the Italian government days before filming was due to start in February.
The movie sees stars including Ethan Hunt frontman Tom, Simon Pegg, Alec Baldwin, Vanessa Kirby and Rebecca Ferguson reprising their roles.
Action hero: The new film is being recorded at an abandoned RAF base in rural Oxfordshire (pictured is a scene from Rogue Nation in 2015)
Christopher McQuarrie, who directed the last two installments Rogue Nation and Fallout, is back behind the camera for the latest film.
Tom and his team have been busy preparing to restart filming, reportedly building a makeshift village at an abandoned RAF site in Oxfordshire to shoot the film, which has already seen its release pushed from July 2021 to November 2021.
Some of the A-list cast will reportedly stay in VIP Winnebago trailers so they can work through scenes in a bubble and protect the crew from catching coronavirus.
First assistant director Tommy Gormley previously said that Paramount are hoping to restart work on the Tom Cruise blockbuster this autumn, and ‘visit all the countries’ where they originally planned to film scenes.
They’ll be back! First assistant director Tommy Gormley previously saidParamount are hoping to restart work on the blockbuster this autumn (pictured from MI: Fallout)
Source: Read Full Article