Strictly udge Anton Du Beke 'could return to the dance floor'

‘Everybody expects to see him back’: Strictly Come Dancing judge Anton Du Beke ‘will return to the dance floor’ if BBC reinstate Bruno Tonioli for next series

Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke ‘could relinquish his place on the judging panel’ should BBC bosses make a tough call and decide to reinstate Bruno Tonioli for the next series. 

The British ballroom and Latin professional, 55, has been a mainstay on the Saturday night show since its launch in 2004, with his popularity recently earning him a new role as judge alongside Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse and Shirley Ballas. 

But sources claim he may well return to the dance floor if the flamboyant Tonioli – who was unable to participate in the current series due to COVID related travel restrictions – is recalled in 2022. 

Step back: Strictly Come Dancing star Anton Du Beke ‘could relinquish his place on the judging panel’ should BBC bosses decide to reinstate Bruno Tonioli for the next series

An  insider told The Sun: ‘Anton is loving his stint as a judge and producers are delighted with the job he’s been doing standing in for Bruno. That said Bruno is a one-off and everybody expects to see him back. Producers will then have a tough choice to make.

‘If in a year’s time Bruno comes back and Anton is invited to return as a dancer he would do it but it would definitely feel a bit weird for him. 

‘Once you’ve been a judge and decided who stays and goes it is very tricky to make that step back into the competition and take part against all the other dancers. Anton’s a professional so would make the best of the situation but it wouldn’t be an easy transition.’

Tonioli had been unable to participate in the current series after travel restrictions prevented him from flying between the United Kingdom and the United States, where he also serves as judge on Dancing With The Stars. 

Popular: The British ballroom and Latin professional, 55, has been a mainstay on the Saturday night show since its launch in 2004, with his popularity recently earning him a new role as judge

On Sunday evening Katie McGlynn and her professional dance partner Gorka Marquez were the second couple to be eliminated after facing off against Judi Love and Graziano di Prima in Sunday’s Movie Week dance off.  

Anton put his vote behind the couple, telling them: ‘It really is not the nicest part of the show. I thought that both the couples danced very very well, their performances they gave this evening were very very strong. 

‘I just felt that one couple was cleaner than the other, and one couple made a very slight mistake. Because of that I am going to save Katie and Gorka.’

 Familiar face: But sources claim he may well return to the dance floor if the flamboyant Tonioli – who was unable to participate in the current series due to COVID related travel restrictions – is recalled in 2022

Difficulty: Tonioli had been unable to participate in the current series after travel restrictions prevented him from flying between the United Kingdom and the United States, where he also serves as judge on Dancing With The Stars

But with two votes to one, it was up to head judge Shirley to decide which couple would stay in the competition and she ultimately chose Judi and Graziano.

Of her decision, Shirley said: ‘This is is always a tough part of the job. Both couples gave it their very very best, I didn’t see any mistakes from either one, both beautiful performances.

‘I am going to go with the one that I felt had more edge and more rhythm to me, so I am going to go with Judi and Graziano.’

Farewell: On Sunday evening Katie McGlynn and her professional dance partner Gorka Marquez were the second couple to be eliminated from the show

Source: Read Full Article